Pre-wedding Parties

Destination Wedding Rehearsal Dinner

I have heard that it's standard at a destination wedding to invite everyone to the rehearsal dinner.  We would like to do this if possible, since 98% of our guests will be flying in for our destiation wedding, and we'd like some more time with them anyway.  However, I am getting the vibe from my FMOH in law that she disagrees.  We haven't had a frank conversation about it, but she keeps getting quotes from places for 40 people instead of the 60-70 we plan to invite.  She says that she doesn't think everyone will come.  I have told my fiance that he needs to have a frank conversation with her about this because we don't want to get stuck with a place that won't fit everyone or ends up being more money than she expected.  Thoughts?

Re: Destination Wedding Rehearsal Dinner

• What is a FMOH?

The only required guests are those that are expected to attend the rehearsal and their significant others. Aside from those, the host decides whether or not to include OOT and other guests.

• If you're doing a rehearsal dinner, you only need to invite the wedding participants (readers, bridal party, immediate family, etc.. If you want to invite other people since they're coming from OOT, that'd be nice... but it's not necessary, and if someone else is generous enough to pay for it, I wouldn't push the issue. Maybe you can ask people out to drinks after you're done with the rehearsal dinner and host that? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards