Second Weddings

Ideas for a 2nd wedding...

This will be the 2nd wedding for both my fiance and myself. We both want something VERY small, just involving family members, and definitely NOT traditional. We want to stay local, so we don't want to do a destination wedding, but I have absolutely NO ideas for a unique ceremony / reception that is intimate and untraditional. I need help!!! Any ideas?!?!

LuLuKiss

Re: Ideas for a 2nd wedding...

• edited December 2011
    We just sat down and talked about what was important to us and what we wanted our day to be about.  So, I would just think of a favorite place or past time and turn that into your day.
  • nmauser82nmauser82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree. Do you have a favorite place or restaurant? Where did he propose? What do you like doing together? You could have a small ceremony in your favorite place or at home, then go out someplace as a family.
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The smaller your ceremony/reception are, the less you are stuck with traditional wedding vendors.  You could use the private dining room of a restaurant, your home, or a nearby park.
  • melissamc2melissamc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, The Castle is gorgeous.  I know it does traditional weddings, but it can also be done on a smaller scale if elegance is important to you.

However, if I wanted what you seem to - I'd go for one of the more historic or geographic options in Utah.  The Cleveland Lloyd Dinosaur Quarry, Cedar Breaks, or Bryce Canyon are all great.

In fact, Bryce Canyon had a beautiful lodge.  I don't know if that's near you, but it's an idea! 

Good luck and congratulations!

10-10-10
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Under this scenario I think you need to choose the venue and officiant first.  Maybe a B&B, restaurant, park, other special place?  Do you have an officiant (pastor, friend, etc)?  Something special to you faith or beliefs?  You will probably get some ideas from the ladies here, or try looking at offbeatbride.com for inspiration.  Good luck!

imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea what kind of places to suggest in Utah, but I read an idea on the Reception board of having "activities" planned. So, they are going to do there ceremony and have cake and then change clothes and then go do a group activity (white water rafting or hiking). Now, this would really only work if you were having a SMALL wedding/reception- but it def isn't traditional!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

For more unique ideas than the very traditional and stuffy ideas on the knot, try offbeatbrides.com   

image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards