New York-New York City

Bella Pictures NYC

Has anyone used Bella Pictures for their wedding day photographer?? I am getting ready to sign a contract with them but alittle nervous because they are a "big corporation" photography vendor. Have read so many reviews on them but all from out of state.  Would like to know if anyone has ever used them here in NYC and what was your experience like?

Re: Bella Pictures NYC

• Maureen LMaureen L member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not using them, and I've never met with them, but I've never seen a positive review of them. :(  What is your budget like?  Maybe we could rec other options!
    Photobucket
    Maureen & Jonathan - 10.09.10
    image 261 Invited so far! image 124 Are ready to party!
    image 108 Will be missing out image 29 Are MIA image
  • lcanecchialcanecchia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Budget is under 5K for both video and photo.
    Met with Dreamlife Photography and Sarah Merians.
    Sarah Merians was too expensive and Dreamlife seemed alittle too casual as well as inexperienced in city weddings.
    Would love a rec...

• Lali4182Lali4182 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Ben Correira Photography. He did my friend's wedding and the pictures came out amazing. He's really reasonable and super friendly too...under 2K
  • edited December 2011
    $5K is a great budget -- and you can certainly do better than Bella (wedding warehouse).

Definitely check out:
    Duet Weddings:  duetwedding.com
    Golden Moments:  gmdsny.com

• DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my photo and video was $5600 but you can def get it a little lower.
    We used Visual Image:  visualimageprod.com
    they have offices in Bklyn, Staten Island, Old Bridge and Freehold NJ
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh and i had an appt with Bella, but they seemed very pushy and sales-oriented when I spoke to them over the phone, so I cancelled my appt.
  • edited December 2011
    You can do so much better than Bella.

I recommend Angela Cappetta. LOVE her http://www.angelacappetta.com
  • edited December 2011
    I would not recommend Bella; too many brides have been screwed and unless you want to have a bad product, for under $5k, you have quite a lot of options (I wouldn't do SM either).

I'm only spending about $3600 for both; you can IM for any details.  My photographer is photojournalistic/artistic, and both he and videographer are very unobstrusive.   

GL.
  • edited December 2011
    I met with Bella and did not like their sales approach.  I'm going with Cly Creations, they are very reasonably priced, and their pictures look beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    dont use them. We went to their "free" photo shoot. the photographer was really nice, the photos were meh. But the worst part is that the salesperson said they were having a sale that week and if we gave them a deposit, they would lock in the sale prices on various packages, and if we told them within a week that we didnt want to use them the deposit was fully refundable. I asked if there were ANY caveats, any circs under which the money was not refundable and she said no. We decided to go with a local independent photographer and told them so within the week. They have not refunded the money over a month later and are not returning our calls or emails. It was about $100, which is not nothing when your planning your wedding. Ive been really nice in all my communications with them but its at the point where I think we have to spread the word that they can't be trusted.
  • edited December 2011
    Look up dreamlife photography. We are paying under $4,000 for Photo and video, and they do great stuff!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards