Outdoor Weddings
Options

Too cold?

We are setting the date for early November, would it be too cold for an outdoor ceremony in Las Vegas? I looked up the average yearly weather forecast and it says low of 43, and a high of 67. The venue we have in mind has the option to add heat lamps, but I'm not sure if it will be warm enough. Has anyone held their outdoor ceremony in late fall before? I really don't want my guests to be cold, and I definitely wouldn't have to be in a situation where we are saying "I d-d-d-d-d-d-d-o"

Re: Too cold?

• Options
    My first wedding was on the beach (panhandle of Florida) over Thanksgiving weekend.  It was beautiful.

Maybe you can ask on the Las Vegas local board and see what they think?
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2011

Do they have someplace indoors that you can hold the ceremony if it is too cold?  If so, I say go for it.

FWIW, we had an outdoor ceremony in northern Ohio in October.  The high temperatures for the day were in the 50s and it was fine.  Most of our guests were wearing jackets, but definitely were still comfortable. 

ETA:  You might also want to take into account where most of your guests are from.  While low 70s is swimming weather up here, I doubt that people from Southern Florida would agree.

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    What time of day will your wedding be at?  If it is at 3 or 4, then youare probably safe (it is sunny in Vegas mostly, right?) 

It also depends on your guests.  Are they from Maine or Florida?

Do you have a back-up in case that the weather has a bad day and it only makes it to 45? 

We had our weedding in October in Wisconsin.  I decided that the cut off temperature was 55 degrees.  The normal high is 62... we lucked out and got 70 and sunny!  I wouldn't have scheduled the wedding with out a back-up indoor location because the wether here is so crazy (it snowed a few days ago, and was 80 last week). 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

No just alittle cool

• Options
    I went to an outdoor wedding in estes park, CO this past february. There was a blizzard the day before and the day of was FREEZING. But it was absolutely beautiful and they handed out blankets with the programs :)

So no, I don't think November is too cold, it's totally up to what you want. BUT I would probably be more concerned about rain.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards