Oregon
Options

It starts...Reception sites?

So I'm a recently engaged groom-to-be. My fiance lives oversees and doesn't really know Portland....so its to me and my mom and my fiance's sister to plan most of the wedding. I was recommended this site, but I honestly don't even know where to start.

I know we're looking at late September for the wedding in 2011 and that the ceremony will be at a church in Gladstone. Ideally, I'd like to be able to keep the reception pretty close to the church to make things as easy as possible for people coming in from out of town, but there aren't many options nearby. Does anyone have any suggestions in the Clackamas/Milwaukie/Gladstone/Oregon City area for reception sites?

Re: It starts...Reception sites?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The Pavilion at Sah-Hah-Lee golf course in Clackamas is nice
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

The closer you keep the reception to the church, the better, I think.  The more your guests have to drive, the more likely you are to lose some, and that goes double if they're from out of town.

How many guests do you anticipate at the reception?  That will help us narrow it down.  Off the top of my head I'm thinking Weatherford's or Abernethy Center in Oregon City, Pacific Crest Grand Ballroom on McLaughlin in Oregon City, The Broetje House in Milwaukie or Aerie at Eagle Landing near Sunnyside.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Rivershore Hotel...off McLoughlin about 10 minutes from church (if that).  Not sure if they have a ballroom/accomodations but I would think.
    Boyd & Jen 9.17.10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine held her reception at the historical musuem in Oregon CIty (it overlooks the falls).  It actually was a pretty cool venue- great views and lots of space.  I know they were on a pretty tight budget, so it may be worth looking at.

I know the theater at Clackamas Community College rents out, but not sure the costs.

Good luck!
  • Options
    IsseJIsseJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow! Thank you so much for the great feedback. I'm having my first meeting about potential space tomorrow and a meeting with a videographer next week.

Between the community, family, church, and friends from out of town I'm estimating somewhere around 250 guests. Ideally we'd like to be able to bring in at least some of our own food because it's culturally specific and I doubt many standard in-house catering companies will be able to do that. The size and food requests may limit our options some.

Thank you again for your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards