Connecticut

Engagement Session Location Help!

Hey Ladies,
I looking for a location for an e session in areas near the CT & NY boarder, such as towns like Greenwich & Westport. I am not familiar with that area, as I'm from the CT shoreline (Branford). I will be meeting with a photographer for an engagement session in that area and I need help brainstorming pretty locations, outdoor preferred.  We are booking the session in April, so it will be alittle warmer outside.  Any suggestions would be more than appreciated. :)
Thanks!
Marissa

Re: Engagement Session Location Help!

• What exactly are you looking for?  In Stamford, there's a public beach/park called Cove Park that is where we took our epics.  Greenwich & Westport also have public beaches.  A woodsy park in Stamford that also is quite beautiful is Mianus.  If you want something more urban, you can always do downtown Stamford.  Let me know exactly what you're looking for.
  • Southport Harbor is nice. Its on our short list for pics after our April Wedding. Also, we took some e-pics at Sherwood Island in Westport this fall. Still waiting for them (a friend did us a favor so I'm not being pushy) but I liked that location because it was a good combination of park and beach. Also, I've heard of people using the grounds of Dolce Hotel in Norwalk. It's beautiful there, but I'm not sure if you need permission or not first.

Follow Me on Pinterest

• My fiance` and I used to meet up in South Norwalk and there is some nice water places there and a fun town like feel.  HTH!
  • Thanks ladies!  I'm going to look into your suggestions. :)

I tend to prefer parks over beaches, but definitely like scenic outdoor landscapes to anything urban.  

I came across two places in my search, Binney Park in Greenwich & Sherwood Island State Park in Westport. Both seemed nice. I saw someone's pictures from the State Park I really liked. I also came across a beach, maybe Compo Beach, I think it was in Westport? Anyone heard of these places? 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_engagement-session-location-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:d17750d8-50b7-457f-a5be-1fc860e82a11Post:d15fdbf0-9627-4842-96c2-cf99c04d6b9e">Re: Engagement Session Location Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Southport Harbor is nice. Its on our short list for pics after our April Wedding. Also, we took some e-pics at Sherwood Island in Westport this fall. Still waiting for them (a friend did us a favor so I'm not being pushy) but I liked that location because it was a good combination of park and beach. Also, I've heard of people using the grounds of Dolce Hotel in Norwalk. It's beautiful there, but I'm not sure if you need permission or not first.
    Posted by redjellybean128[/QUOTE]

I just realized we are talking about the same place! lol I'm glad to hear you liked the location. I'm going to keep that place in mind :)
  • Sherwood island and compo beach are both very nice. Sherwood has more park areas than compo. They both are on the water and are public beaches but Sherwood has more park to it than compo. Cove in stamford is similar as is tods point in Greenwich. Just check with the town first. Because you may need a residence pass to go to them depending on the time of year.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards