Vermont
Options

alterations?

I just got my dress! Im looking for someone to do alterations in the burlington area.....any suggestions?

Re: alterations?

• Options
    jchasmc09jchasmc09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Sewing Basket is where I ultimately got mine done.  They did a great job and were very reasonably priced. 

The bridal shop at the end of Church St. does alterations but they are VERY expensive.

Also, I would NOT recommend going to Fiori bridal for alterations.  Fiori is the best place around to buy your dress, but if they have the same seamstress there, Stephanie, she is horrible.  Apparently she works independently from Fiori, but is still representing their store.  I was instructed by her to pay an extra $150 to have my wedding dress custom sized, and when it came in, it still needed some minor alterations, which I expected it would.  She managed to turn a nip and tuck job into some major overhaul, for which she wanted to charge me ANOTHER $450.  When I told her that I already paid almost $200 for a dress fit to my measurements, she got defensive and told me that I owed her money for the appointment anyway, if I wasn't going to use her outrageously priced service. 

My friend, who did use her, was also disappointed in her services.  She had a bolero jacket custom made for her mother for her MOB dress.  Stephanie charged an arm and a leg and the jacket did not only have unfinished hems, it did not fit properly.  When my friend tried to get her to refund some of the cost for the jacket, which could not even be worn, she refused and was rude to my friend and her mom.  Needless to say, I would NEVER recommend using Stephanie at Fiori for any sort of sewing needs.  She is totally unprofessional, rude, and very expensive for sub-par work. 

Just to clarify, though, Fiori itself is a great shop and I would totally recommend any bride to get their dress from them. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Carry-corner from Fiore in Essex Junction is a sewing machine repair shop. There is a woman that does alterations in the back of the store. Her name is Kaley?, I believe. I had a botched up bridemaids dress (ordered 10 sizes too big! and no enough time to send it back). She was amazing! So helpful, friendly, quick, and reasonable!! I wish I had her contact info for you. Best of luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards