Christian Weddings

Recessional......

Hi ladies!!

I lurk here often but I think this is my first post! My name is Kathina ,FI is Donnie. We are getting married 10/23/2010 in the DC area!!

Would any of you ladies have any recommendations on recessional music? I've picked all the music for the seating of parents, BP entrance, and my entrance (Christian based of course!). I'm just having an issue finding a recessional song, FI and I listen to alot of Christian rock and some gospel.

TIA
Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Recessional......

• edited December 2011
    We actually are using the song "Grow Old With Me" by John Lennon.  I think the lyrics are very sweet.  Lots of time churches are more lenient about secular songs for a recessional.  If yours is this way, you can get creative!
  • kkidd28kkidd28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!

I think I'm gonna use the song from Sister Act II - Joyful,Joyful - I heard it on Sunday on the radio!  It's upbeat and has alot of artists on it!  I thought it was perfect!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    My suggestions are basically gospel....
    This is the Day by Fred Hammond
    Just wanna praise you by Maurette Brown Clark
    The best is yet to come by Donald Lawrence

I'll let you know if I think of some others.

Welcome to the Board!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_recessional?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:23594237-bdc4-4317-8b64-73ee90a9eb7dPost:c71d8dbf-c4b7-4178-ab03-b5fbcda83140">Re: Recessional......</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome! I think I'm gonna use the song from Sister Act II - Joyful,Joyful - I heard it on Sunday on the radio!  It's upbeat and has alot of artists on it!  I thought it was perfect!
    Posted by kkidd28[/QUOTE]

Love this!!!
  • msapril0730msapril0730 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!! I like the best is yet to come, best will be my new last name!! I also thought about this will be an everlasting love by Natalie Cole
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    edited December 2011
    We used "Joyful, Joyful" and I liked that it was slightly different and upbeat.  We loved it.
  • TimsGirl10TimsGirl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are probably going to use "Smile" but Uncle Cracker- its "our" song :)
    Photobucket March 2011 September Siggy Challenge FAVORITE MOVIE BIO updated 8/15 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_recessional?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:23594237-bdc4-4317-8b64-73ee90a9eb7dPost:c71d8dbf-c4b7-4178-ab03-b5fbcda83140">Re: Recessional......</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome! I think I'm gonna use the song from Sister Act II - Joyful,Joyful - I heard it on Sunday on the radio!  It's upbeat and has alot of artists on it!  I thought it was perfect!
    Posted by kkidd28[/QUOTE]

I like this suggestion!
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_recessional?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:23594237-bdc4-4317-8b64-73ee90a9eb7dPost:ba50dc24-48ac-44da-a636-de63a3c2b5cb">Re: Recessional......</a>:
    [QUOTE]My suggestions are basically gospel.... This is the Day by Fred Hammond Just wanna praise you by Maurette Brown Clark The best is yet to come by Donald Lawrence I'll let you know if I think of some others. Welcome to the Board!!
    Posted by CHarley2B[/QUOTE]

I like the Donald Lawrence suggestion as well! I was looking for something upbeat as well like Tye Tribbett or Mary Mary  but I like the Donald Lawrence and Sister Act idea too!
  • edited December 2011
    Mary Mary has that really upbeat song "the real party"...We were thinking about using that for our entrance into the reception but it could work for the exit too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are using "God Gave Me You" by David Barnes for a video before we enter the sanctuary, but it might also work for the recessional. I love the lyrics, but I wouldn't classify it as rock.
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • DarciellaDarciella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Funny to be reading this post, I was about to ask the very same question!

I had friends that used the praise song "You shall go out with joy and be led forth with peace". They used a pretty upbeat version and danced down the aisle. So great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards