Texas-Austin

11/11/12 Vitsa West Wedding questions!

Hi, So I found my venue! Yay! I've hired my officiant Chaplin Larry Todd. I am researching caterers. Any great recommendations? I don't know if I should put the wedding is in Austin on my save the date or dripping springs? I need some recommendations for accommodations for guests in all price points? Need some rehearsal dinner recommendations?

Re: 11/11/12 Vitsa West Wedding questions!

• My friend Cynthia had her wedding at Star Ranch a few months ago and told all of her guests from El Paso, TX that it would be held in Austin, but it was really just outside the city, in Dripping Springs, because it's sort of an outskirt you can still consider it Austin. So Save the Dates- Austin and then the official invitation had the driving directions to D.P.

In fact, I know that if you typed in the address to Star Ranch but ran it under Austin in stead of D.P. google maps will still accept it and recoginize it. Either way, I don't think it really matters to most, as it will when your guests make the drive, they will wonder "Are we even in Austin anymore?"!

I PM'd you two caterers I really enjoyed on two different occassions this past year and know that there are still a million different others out there in Austin. Is there a certain cuisine you are leaning more towards or price range? Yelp always offers really honest recommendations, a lot which come from brides and grooms who had srtict budgets to consider...

I just peeped over at another bride's wedding website and she has a page devoted to all travel information for her guests out of town to choose from...

3 different price ranges

Sheraton @ $159 a night
    DoubleTree @ $109
    Super 8 Motel @ $80 per night or $59 on a Sunday night

Now what you need to do first is call the Hotels ahead and ask about availability and then ask for a special discount rate, since you are bringing them in so many guests and more business this should be easy for them to accommodate!

She also got a group discount on rental cars from AVIS, just something to think about...

Best of luck,
    Marcie A.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards