Jewish Weddings

Programs...

Driving myself crazy trying to figure out which traditions to include and how to word them. What did you guys do?? We have a large number of non-Jews and don't want too many people to be lost...
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Wedding Website
image 143 Invited
image 110 Are ready to party!
image 31 Are party poopers!
image 0 Can't find the mailbox!

Re: Programs...

• We had the following headers/sections with about a paragraph each:
    Ketubah
    Bedekin
    The Processional (named everyone walking down the aisle)
    The Chuppah (also talked about circling)
    Erusin/Kiddushin
    Nisuin
    Yichud
    Seudat Mitzvah
    In Remembrance

We had a fair number of non-Jewish guests as well.  Do you have Anita Diamant's "The New Jewish Wedding"?  It was a huge help in general, but especially with the program text.  
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2012
    I have some extra hard copies of my program, so if you want one, please PM me your mailing address and I would be happy to mail you one!
  • A word document with the entire text of our program can be found at this link.
  • 2dbride, question for you...why did you choose to include the text of all the blessings, along with transliterations and translations?  Did all your guests read them aloud as well?  Or did you just want everyone to know what was going on at any given moment?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • If you post your email I'd be happy to send you a copy of mine.
    Lisa
    Not a newbie, but, had to create a new account - formerly LBR_NJ

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Blog - "Helping Make Sense"
  • Starqueg:  Our thought was that even our nonJewish guests would be able to figure out where we were in the ceremony, and what was being said, even for the parts that were in Hebrew.  Also, each of the Seven Blessings was said by a different guest.  For those guests who didn't read Hebrew, the rabbi would say the blessing in Hebrew and the guest would say it in English.  Those guests who did read Hebrew would say the blessing in both Hebrew and English.  So having the whole thing there made things less confusing for our nonJewish guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards