North Carolina-Outer Banks

Bummed about my guest list

We sent out invites that would have totalled 85 people had everyone said yes.  Unfortunately we had a lot of no's from out of towners.  Looks like our final guest count will be 57.  For some reason this makes me sad and now I'm in a funk.  How can one party with 57 people?  FI thinks I'm being over dramatic, and I guess I am.  :(
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bummed about my guest list

• Out of town and destination weddings usually do have more no's when RSVP time comes, unfortunately.  There are just so many variables to them that the "no's" are usually higher than if you were to get married locally.  But honestly, that sounds like a decent number still.  We invited 90 and had about 45, which I was perfectly happy with since I wanted a smaller wedidng anyway.  You can definitely still party with 57 people and will have a great time.  Try to start thinking of it as they are missing out on all the fun and not you guys. 

Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • Thanks, hibiscus!  Your post made me feel better.  After sleeping on it last night, I came to realize that those 57 people are the special ones to share my special day, so of course it will be fun! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi RVA,
    I totally agree with hibiscus.  Your wedding will be fabulous despite the lower guest count than anticipated.  I think that hosting a party for 60 of your nearest and dearest sounds like a great number...you'll get to actually spend some good QT with your guests!

and not to mention, this helps on the catering bill! (hey, gotta look at all the bright sides!)

good luck and have fun with the rest of your planning!

• Thanks, everyone!

It definitely has cut down on the catering expenses, which in the long run is a good move I think!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I feel your pain a lot of the no responses I got were people that were planning there own upcoming weddings. I was feeling sad earlier this week with my diminishing guest list, but the less people you have the more time you can enjoy and interact with them. I'm sure you will love every moment
    yogi Bride
  • I feel your pain a lot of the no responses I got were people that were planning there own upcoming weddings. I was feeling sad earlier this week with my diminishing guest list, but the less people you have the more time you can enjoy and interact with them. I'm sure you will love every moment
    yogi Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards