California-San Diego

experiences with DIY ?

I know there are a ton of things that can be done DIY, but what has been everyone's experiences ?  

We'll definitely be doing the invitations (pocketfold with cardstock invitations glued / tucked into the pocketfold) but also considering buying (vs renting) linens, and doing our flowers (considering lots of succulents).   

I have a group of friends who are getting married this year and next year ---- so we'll probably also purchase our own photobooth props to re-use in our friends' weddings.  

Oh and ... we have HUGE families so our guest list is 250+ and we're still shopping for a venue.  So we definitely need to cut costs where we can, our goal is to include as many people as we can. 

Re: experiences with DIY ?

• Congratulations.
    We had our wedding in our own backyard for 100 guests.
    We sent out "Save the date" via email and received just from that an overwhelming response.
    The invites were bought at Michaels.
    My sister created the menue card for the tables.
    The flowers I bought at Trader Joes.I wasn't too hung up about the kind of flowers ,more about the summer flowers.My sister and Mom did a great job,taking the bouquets down and placed the flowers in the jars we saved over the months.
    The linen and everything else we wanted it to make it easy on us,they were ordered thru our caterer ( Terra Restaurant in El cajon),who works with the Part rental.
    I bought lots of little candles for the tables
    We served only beer and wine,which we bought a few weeks ahead after we figuered out what we liked.
    Check out the pictures.
  • great idea about the save the date over email and your bouquets look amazing! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards