Michigan-Detroit
Options

WWYD? FB/WR

So lately people from high school have been friending me on FB. Recently, someone who I didn't know very well and didn't hang out with friended me and she started messaging me today. She told me she wanted to invite me to her wedding but I'm not sure how to handle that request, since we never were close and I haven't spoken to her since HS graduation. So WWYD in this situation?
~*~ Shauna & Patrick ~*~ 9/5/09 ~*~
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Re: WWYD? FB/WR

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was sort of in the same situation. Some girl found me on FB and we used to be friends back in middle school. We had a huge falling out because she was a compulsive liar. Anyway, she saw on FB that I was engaged. She congratulated me and then proceeded to ask me if she was invited to the wedding. I responded back (in a not so nice manner because of the past) that she was not invited. After she read that message she asked what my address was so she could send me a gift. I told her I would not be able to accept any kind of gift from her (plus I didn't want her knowing my address because she's that kind of crazy).

I think you should just say that you two weren't friends in HS and you're flattered and all, but you are going to have to decline going. I personally would not go because it wouldn't feel right. We weren't friends in HS and there was probably a reason for that.
  • Options
    Melgor78Melgor78 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would let her know that it was kind of he to ask but you would prefer not too.  If you haven't friended her you could just ignore her too. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would politely decline - do you know when the wedding day is? Maybe just say that you know you'll be busy that day?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Ask when the wedding date is, then decline. Make it simple. Don't worry about hurting her feelings. You're not friends. GL!

• Options
    klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    maybe i'm just a scary-cat.  i could ask the date then say, "oh darn, i'll be out of town" hahaha. i'm a coward obviously :)
    i just hate hurting peoples feeling. i guess i would be short and sweet but not overly sad, because then she'd think you really wanted to go. but i guess to avoid further situations the truth may be a better option LOL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    queenfm85queenfm85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_wwyd-fbwr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:b9e7b922-bed2-46f7-a3bb-10908afc7126Post:172babd1-d559-4a24-a072-370d721f6161">Re: WWYD? FB/WR</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was sort of in the same situation. Some girl found me on FB and we used to be friends back in middle school. We had a huge falling out because she was a compulsive liar. Anyway, she saw on FB that I was engaged. She congratulated me and then proceeded to ask me if she was invited to the wedding. I responded back (in a not so nice manner because of the past) that she was not invited. After she read that message she asked what my address was so she could send me a gift. I told her I would not be able to accept any kind of gift from her (plus I didn't want her knowing my address because she's that kind of crazy). I think you should just say that you two weren't friends in HS and you're flattered and all, but you are going to have to decline going. I personally would not go because it wouldn't feel right. We weren't friends in HS and there was probably a reason for that.
    Posted by corinne2010[/QUOTE]

the SAME thing happened to me! She tried to give me a guilt trip about it. Uhm excuse me honey, I'm not the one who decided to start lying and doing drugs, ya crazy! lol
    Danielle & Tyler

10-10-10

"God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 126 Invited image 41 Getting Crazy image 10 Party Poopin image 75 MIA
    RSVP Date: September 10th
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL The same thing is happening to me! It's with a former co-worker though! I just received the shower invitiation the other day, and I just called and said I had a family member's wedding shower that day.  When the actual wedding comes, I'm gonna have "something" going on that day too. 
    I was never friends with this girl, and actually we didn't even get along when we did work together...it's weird.
    I say just politely decline, you don't even have to go into detail, just say you are unable to make it!
    Updated 9/21/2010
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    377 Invited image
    338 Ready to rock image
    40 Party poopers image
    0 still making up their minds image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards