Georgia-Atlanta

Help finding an Officiant

Hey ladies!

I have been looking and researching for an officiant for our upcoming wedding. We are not getting married at a church, so I have no idea how to go about finding one. Any ideas or suggestions? Who did you/ are you using for your officiant, and how did you find them? Any info will be helpful.

Thank you!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help finding an Officiant

• Rev. D is awesome! Not sure if you want a male but she is so sweet and open to anything. She has a ton of great reviews on Wedding Wire.
  • Where are you getting married?  I'm not getting married in a church either but I'm able to use my uncle.  I do know, though, that during our venue search there were several venues that either gave us sheets with suggested vendors (including officiants) or they mentioned that they could provide us info about ones who officiated past weddings there.  If your venue doesn't have any recommendations and your wedding is in Atlanta I can give you the names that were on some of the sheets I got.  
  • I'm ordained!! Duh, not sure why that thought didn't cross my mind. Have a friend or family member do it. Google Universal Life Church. I swear to you it is 100% legal in the state of GA. I even have a clergy card. :)
  • Rev. George Callahan, PhD  was the officiant for our wedding.  He brought humor to our ceremony, calmed everyone's nerves and stepped in as the ceremony coordinator when the wedding coordinator at our venue dropped the ball. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards