Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Marry Me by Train

Hi ladies! I know there are few of you walking down to Marry Me by Train and I was curious if you were doing the song with lyrics or just instrumental. I originally fell in love with the song when I heard it with the words but also love the instrumental versions I've heard and now I can't decide which I want to do!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Marry Me by Train

• Options
    joshkatybelljoshkatybell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance is singing this to me at our reception! AH! I am so excited/nervous

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I walked down to Marry Me by Train. My friend did acoustic version, so he kinda improvised a little, and only sang the chorus. 

Honestly. I was so excited/so many other things going on, that I wouldn't have even noticed if he played 'Got 99 Problems but a b*tch ain't one'.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Do whichever you like, but if you do go with the instrumental, I would suggest printing the lyrics in the program (if you are having one). I would like to use "The Promice of Living" by Aaron Copeland, but an instrumental versian because I want the choir members to enjoy the ceremony as much as everyone else. I've been singing in the choir for years, my dad is the choir director, they're like my family. But the real reason I love the piece is because of the lyrics, so we will have to find a place to print the lyrics.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 September Siggy Challenge
    Red Horse Barn, Huntington Beach, CA
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love it. I'm using the Wedding March "They Fell in Love"

The intro of the song: The Bride and Father stand at the top of the aisle. When the violins kick in, they start the emotional walk to the man of her dreams. So moving.

https://sites.google.com/site/theyfellinloveweddingsong/home

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know I'm gonna get crap for this, but that song is taking the cheesy level to the EXTREME. Blech.
    09/12- Dx PCOS; currently taking Metformin 1500mg.
    10/12-Married my best friend
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Mo2T&OMo2T&O member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_marry-train?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:6470b48b-b1ad-4a13-a1e0-a00c78bd1de4Post:abc4777d-79de-4916-a8ab-6209de455a51">Re: Marry Me by Train</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know I'm gonna get crap for this, but that song is taking the cheesy level to the EXTREME. Blech.
    Posted by annieravensfan528[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that was very helpful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LuckyHeatherLuckyHeather member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want to use it with lyrics.  I can't decide if it will be for when our family, the groom, and our children walk in or whether it will be when I walk.

Its between that and "I Can't Wait" by Runner Runner. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards