Connecticut

Dress Shop Recommendation

Hi everyone! I'm in the dress-shopping stage, and am really into a somewhat modern twist on a wedding dress (floral rosets, striped fabric, etc.).  I have looked at Harold's, Bridal Trousseau, April Rose, and the Bridal Mall.  I had good luck at Bridal Trousseau and April Rose, but still don't think I've found "the one".  Can anyone recommend a dress shop that's in CT that might have some unique styles? (budget is flexible, but hopefully under $2,000)

Thank you!!

Re: Dress Shop Recommendation

• Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely check out Mariellas in Rocky Hill. I tried a bunch of dresses under $2000 (and most were under or right around $1000).
    White Dress by the Shore in Clinton is a very nice shop with great service but their dresses tend to be more expensive (though I still found some within that budget).  Their dresses don't have a lot of "bling" but I definitely saw some unique ones. 
    Good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Mariella's. I wanted something different too and ended up finding an awesome one with pockets :) Definitely dont go on a Saturday though. From my personal experience it tends to be too busy for them to be attentive. Oh, and with alterations im looking at about 1400 ish. 

HTH and Good Luck on the search :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • estegemanestegeman member
    edited December 2011
    I second White Dress By the Shore in Clinton.  Amazing dresses with excellent service!!  They have such unique accessories too!

Good luck!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Something Blue Bridal in Southbury!! They are wonderful!!
  • edited December 2011
    I would check Love Me Two Times in Taftville - they have some really great dresses for a really good price. They have a dress I am in love with there but I don't quite fit in it so I am hoping they still have it when I lose weight!
  • maxxwedmaxxwed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Anything but David's will be good. Love Me Two Times is awesome!!  Mariella's is nice but one of my friends is still waiting on her dress.  She ordered it months ago and it was suppose to be here 2 weeks ago and still no dress.  I guess things can always happen.  Stars in Avon is a place my mom is making me go too, don't know how it is yet.

• edited December 2011
    Melissa's Bridal is right on the outskirts of Westerly RI so its not far from CT at all. I know a few friends who have gotten beautiful dresses from there with great prices to match. Melissa herself is very helpful and attentive but Aimee her assistant is AMAZING! She's sooooo sweet and understanding and is a real pleasure to work with.
    Future Mrs Williamson Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Something Blue Bridal in Southbury and Classic Brides by Eva in Stratford. I got my wedding gown at Something Blue and they were fantastic, and the BM dresses came from Evas and she was wonderful and all alterations are free.
  • edited December 2011
    Camille Bridal has more couture type unique dresses that you'd probably like. I also liked the selection at The Wedding Dress in Portland (where I got my dress). They had reasonable prices and had tons of dresses I had never seen in other shops I went to. Mariella's did have a striped dress I tried on- but agree with the other poster- DO NOT go there on a Saturday.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • GBroc22GBroc22 member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the responses.  I'll start planning a trip to a couple of these...Mariella's sounds great :) Thank you again!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I would suggest NOT going to Mariellas.  It was the first wedding dress store I went to.  I went with my mom (admittedly on a Saturday) with an appointment.  We were kept waiting for ~20 minutes after our appointment time as our consultant was busy.  We were not allowed to look at dresses during this time.  Once our consultant showed up she was generally unhelpful and she kept disappearing on us for long times (and not coming back with dresses). 

As it was the first store I tried, I did not know what to expect in wedding dress shopping.  I ended up going to ~7 stores before finding my dress (out of state).  Mariellas was by far the worst service I experienced.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards