Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Getting married in 6 weeks!!Any Ideas for Sand Ceremony Songs & What type of music to be played

Hello Everyone. Getting married in 6 weeks and planning out our own music for our wedding.  Just wondering if anyone had any helpful advice and ideas for a few questions.  1.  My fiance has two daughters, 6 and 8 yr olds. We are doing a sand ceremony for all four of us, uniting us as a little family. Anyone have any good ideas of songs?
2. Also Im putting together the different sections of music. Im curious which genre of music people chose for cocktail hour and dinner?? I was thinking maybe mellow love songs for the cocktial hour and maybe classical/ instrumental quietly being played during dinner?? How would I transition from elegant classical to dance/upbeat music after dinner to start the dancing?? Any help and advice would be more than apprecaited!! Thank you

Re: Getting married in 6 weeks!!Any Ideas for Sand Ceremony Songs & What type of music to be played

• Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. "We are family"? Not sure really. Maybe a song that means a lot to you as a couple or family. Just make sure the words are appropriate.

2. What do you like? I'm doing all classical for the ceremony. Jazz for the cocktail hour and dance music for the reception. I will have the DJ play softer music during the dinner (not jazz, but no fast songs). 

" How would I transition from elegant classical to dance/upbeat music after dinner to start the dancing??"  You don't do anything, it's the music's job to get people up and dancing. Just know your crowd and know what type of music they like.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am the sand ceremony as well at my wedding and I am not going to have music, I am instead going to have a reading done at that point. That way we won't just be standing there with music playing and people just staring at us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should check out Spencer Durham's "Sand Ceremony Song".    You can hear samples on htttp://www.sandceremonysongs.com      He has a duet version that is really nice along with instrumental versions.    The song is fairly short (just over two minutes) to keep you from standing there a long time after the sand is poured.    Also note that standing face to face, holding hands and looking into each other's eyes as the song finishes actually adds an intimate moment that you and your guests will love.   Wouldn't suggest doing it for more than 60 seconds... that might make everyone uncomfortable!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards