Snarky Brides

talky time

Who's around? Just enjoyed some leeann chins and about to start the olympics viewing. I hate news sites that just post olympic spoilers on their front page. AH! I now know who wins gymnastics. lame. 

What are you guys up to?

Re: talky time

• lounging around, about to watch last night's episode of Newsroom. I freaking love this show.
  • I also love that show. I keep reading reviews on websites and it sounds like a lot of people dislike the show, but I love pretty much everything about it.
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    Waiting to start dinner (cod and mac and cheese - yum!) until H is done playing his video game. I may just have to turn it off. 

I think H will want to watch Captain America, but I'm REALLY into the Olympics. I just want to watch them all the time. He's been watching them with me, so I might have to concede tonight.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_talky-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1ca71b0c-98b2-4710-bdb8-4cbe88d05eaaPost:45f0cfff-7559-4528-bf58-ac97939bfe9d">Re: talky time</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm still at work.  I spent the day interviewing.<strong>  Some people say the dumbest things when they want a job. </strong> I am headed out in a few to the grocery store.  Then I need to do some housework. 
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I want to interview people! mainly because I am curious if I would be good at picking people that would actually be good for the job. I suppose it gets pretty annoying after awhile?</div>
  • Also, Steph, have you been busy at work lately? I only see you around much on the weekends.
  • yeah, Kate. Work is crazy lately- summer is our busy time.  It sucks because its' hard to keep up, but at least when I'm gone, I won't miss too much at least.

interviewing can be interesting. I've got a good track record with my employees so far, so that's always a good feeling.  People do say some crazy/stupid stuff- sometimes I let it slide because you can tell they're SUPER nervous. But sometimes they're just cocky assholes.
  • Duds- I hope you feel better soon. I'm on week 3 of this cold. It sucks.

I'm watching diving. Synchronized diving is isane to me.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited July 2012
    I'm here. Been lazy-bones all afternoon/evening. I'm watching Twilight: New Moon and keep confusing their vampire rules for the rules on True Blood. They make more sense on True Blood. Like when Bella gets thrown onto the glass table in the beginning and Carlisle has to patch her up, I kept thinking, "Dude, just give her a couple drops of your blood and she'll be gravy." But no. That doesn't work here.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Duds I loved that! Really funny. Hopeyou are feeling better soon.

We did have a guy say his weakness was "attention to detail". Dude, 50% of theduties of the job you are applying for is data entry. So obviously he didn't get that.

Dot I didn't know you were a therapist also ;) 

My worst own interview was right at the end of college- I had the end of a cold/cough and for some reason, my nose started running and I literally had snot running down my face and I didn't know what to do about it. I mean, I am not exaggerating. It was bad. Obviously I didn't get a call back haha
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_talky-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1ca71b0c-98b2-4710-bdb8-4cbe88d05eaaPost:e758eb76-d5d6-4ddb-9b4f-563d07b477b5">Re: talky time</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm here. Been lazy-bones all afternoon/evening. I'm watching Twilight: New Moon and keep confusing their vampire rules for the rules on True Blood. They make more sense on True Blood. Like when Bella gets thrown onto the glass table in the beginning and Carlisle has to patch her up, I kept thinking, "Dude, just give her a couple drops of your blood and she'll be gravy." But no. That doesn't work here.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm reading "A Discovery of Witches" right now and it's the same thing with the vampire rules. I can't keep it all straight.

H and I just got done with a money talk. Blahhh it was fine but those are such downers. At least I have a leftover Butterfinger Blizzard :)

We're Olympic watching all night. Did you see that Tom Daley kid when he was 14 in Bejing? He looked like he was 8.
    June 16, 2012
  • I'm bouncing between here and E.  And I'm KUI while watching the Olympics.  These synchronized divers are crazy good.

Duds- I LOLed at that.  That's pretty much how I feel right now with all the damn people I have to track down because they don't know how to send in a fucking postcard.
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Yeah H is super financially aware of stuff and I am not. I'm not a spender by any means but that's mostly because I don't have any real money. When we were engaged all my money went towards the wedding and H took care of all the bills. Now that I am partially employed we are trying to figure out which bills I can take over.
    June 16, 2012
  • I had to take a break from watching the Olympics. I went running yesterday and kept imagining I was Kara Goucher and almost blew out a butt cheek sprinting home. I am not an Olympian. I have no business acting like that.

But I will be signing up for the Warrior Dash and my third half marathon tomorrow, so there's that...
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_talky-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1ca71b0c-98b2-4710-bdb8-4cbe88d05eaaPost:5f881e0e-f08e-4cd7-b3a8-c9fec382db68">Re: talky time</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm bouncing between here and E.  And I'm KUI while watching the Olympics.  These synchronized divers are crazy good. Duds- I LOLed at that.  That's pretty much how I feel right now with all the damn people I have to track down because they don't know how to send in a fucking postcard.
    Posted by texasgurly13[/QUOTE]

I really want to drink tonight, not a lot but a beer or 2 but I was pretty hungover on Saturday and I don't know if I can get myself to do it lol.
    June 16, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_talky-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1ca71b0c-98b2-4710-bdb8-4cbe88d05eaaPost:2fd62d45-33e4-4595-9d0f-92d786a985ac">Re: talky time</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: talky time : I really want to drink tonight, not a lot but a beer or 2 but I was pretty hungover on Saturday and I don't know if I can get myself to do it lol.
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div><div>I am fine with anything but wine.  If I drink a lot of wine, the hangover is brutal for me.  As long as I stick to the same liquour and don't drink beer that same night, I generally feel fine the next day.  </div></div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_talky-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1ca71b0c-98b2-4710-bdb8-4cbe88d05eaaPost:76126ffe-2407-46c6-b502-5088699ef919">Re: talky time</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah H is super financially aware of stuff and I am not. I'm not a spender by any means but that's mostly because I don't have any real money. When we were engaged all my money went towards the wedding and H took care of all the bills. Now that I am partially employed we are trying to figure out which bills I can take over.
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

<div>It's the opposite for us.  I'm the one that takes care of the bills.  FI just gives me the money he owes for his half of the rent and any other necessary bills.</div>
  • Hey ladies! I got home a little while ago from both jobs. I just ate pizza and fed the dogs. H is on his way home from the house. He ripped up the rest of the carpets today with 2 of his friends. He is a nut! Whenver he sets his mind, he does it. Tomorrow he wants to start sanding and staining the floors so we can paint. He was adamant that he wanted this done before we move in and I am pretty sure it will be done. 

On a side note, any of you have your pups on glucosamine? What do you recommend? Pumpkin's doctor recommended I put her on it and I bought it yesterday (GNC brand) and I gave her one yesterday and she vomited. I gave her half this morning with her food thinking maybe it was too big  and she needed to eat with it. Well, she vomited this morning from it. I tried to give her the same brand multi-vitamin a while back and that made her sick too. Any recommendations? 
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hey all.

I don't get to watch the Olympics this year - we don't have normal TV. Stinks, but at least I can browse through photos online.

We're training a newbie at work. Here's hoping we didn't completely overwhelm her today. ;)

Aaaaand....I'm gaining another nephew in December! That makes 3 boys in their family. We're all praying that this one is mellow.
  • Edie--Eventually. We're both more comfortable waiting until I have a full-time position though.

Texas--that's what did me in the other night. We went to a wine-tasting which got me drunk on  all sorts of different types and then I got home and had some beers. Bad mixes. What are you drinking tonight?

AZ--congrats on the nephew. Now the pressure's all on you ;)
    June 16, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_talky-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1ca71b0c-98b2-4710-bdb8-4cbe88d05eaaPost:2e96fa3f-611d-43bf-b0fc-86ed7b304bfb">Re: talky time</a>:
    [QUOTE]Edie--Eventually. We're both more comfortable waiting until I have a full-time position though. Texas--that's what did me in the other night. We went to a wine-tasting which got me drunk on  all sorts of different types and then I got home and had some beers. Bad mixes. What are you drinking tonight? AZ--congrats on the nephew. Now the pressure's all on you ;)

<div>I have some flavored Smirnoff Ices at home.  I also have a little bit of Captain left.  </div>
  • I've conducted 1 one-on-one interview and we spent most of the time talking about dogs and shoes.  Oops.  BUT, she's still at the job 8 years later and rocks at it so I did something right.

Denise, I have one of my dogs on a glucosamine table from the pet store.  He does just fine with it.  I'll be back with the brand name later. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_talky-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1ca71b0c-98b2-4710-bdb8-4cbe88d05eaaPost:2e99ff83-b465-4d08-8788-aa41090a4c4c">Re: talky time</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: talky time : I have some flavored Smirnoff Ices at home.  I also have a little bit of Captain left.  
    Posted by texasgurly13[/QUOTE]
    Those taste like bubbly candy. I've never been able to properly enjoy them ever since the "Icing" epidemic happened.
    June 16, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_talky-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1ca71b0c-98b2-4710-bdb8-4cbe88d05eaaPost:2e96fa3f-611d-43bf-b0fc-86ed7b304bfb">Re: talky time</a>:
    [QUOTE]Edie--Eventually. We're both more comfortable waiting until I have a full-time position though. Texas--that's what did me in the other night. We went to a wine-tasting which got me drunk on  all sorts of different types and then I got home and had some beers. Bad mixes. What are you drinking tonight? AZ--congrats on the nephew.<strong> Now the pressure's all on you ;)</strong>

Haha, yeah, no kidding! The running joke right now is that DH and I will get all girls and BIL will get all boys. MIL (and half the church members) already seems set on us having a girl.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_talky-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1ca71b0c-98b2-4710-bdb8-4cbe88d05eaaPost:af20a0c1-1117-4a50-a4cc-6eefb676f550">Re: talky time</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: talky time : Those taste like bubbly candy. I've never been able to properly enjoy them ever since the "Icing" epidemic happened.

<div>They aren't my drink of choice, but beggars can't be choosers lol.  It's what I have in the house, and I don't have the money to go out.  </div>
  • The icing epidemic?  Please tell. 

Denise, it's Nutri-Vet Hip & Joint plus formula.  Diego's a beast with an iron gut though so take that for what it's worth. 
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_talky-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1ca71b0c-98b2-4710-bdb8-4cbe88d05eaaPost:464e1fc4-044f-42c3-8c36-6dab263c9f03">Re: talky time</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: talky time : <strong>Yeah I'm reading "A Discovery of Witches" right now and it's the same thing with the vampire rules.</strong> I can't keep it all straight. H and I just got done with a money talk. Blahhh it was fine but those are such downers. At least I have a leftover Butterfinger Blizzard :) We're Olympic watching all night. Did you see that Tom Daley kid when he was 14 in Bejing? He looked like he was 8.

Loved that book, looking forward to picking up the sequel!  Are you enjoying it?

• There's going to be a sequel?  That book is the only kind of vampire book I've ever been able to get through (irrational fear) and I really enjoyed it. 

• jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_talky-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1ca71b0c-98b2-4710-bdb8-4cbe88d05eaaPost:857a6e6a-9130-4ff9-a237-4ac586385f6a">Re: talky time</a>:
    [QUOTE]There's going to be a sequel?  That book is the only kind of vampire book I've ever been able to get through (irrational fear) and I really enjoyed it. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's part of a trilogy!  The second book just came out a couple weeks ago, "Shadow of the Night."

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_talky-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1ca71b0c-98b2-4710-bdb8-4cbe88d05eaaPost:b81aaaad-8576-46f5-94eb-e42310088c32">Re: talky time</a>:
    [QUOTE]The icing epidemic?  Please tell.  Denise, it's Nutri-Vet Hip & Joint plus formula.  Diego's a beast with an iron gut though so take that for what it's worth. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

It started off as a frat boy drinking game and got really big like 2 years ago. There was a website "Bros Icing Bros". The rules are basically this: someone sneakily presents you with a Smirinoff Ice, you then have to chug the whole thing down on 1 knee. The website (no longer up) was for bros to post pictures/videos of all the stupid ways they got other bros. For example one of my friends replaced the shampoo in his friends shower with an Ice so when they went for the shampoo, they had to drink. It was fun for like a week, but that stuff's nasty.
    <a href="http://www.cracked.com/blog/icing-more-like-bullshit/" rel="nofollow">
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/icing-more-like-bullshit/</a>
    June 16, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards