Michigan-Detroit
Options

WWYD?

My friend offered to do mine and my moh hair for the wedding.  At first I wasn't sure but after talking to her I thought ok.  So I wanted to get a hold of her this week to schedule something for next week.  Her daughter is in to  modeling/acting.  So Monday I find out she's leaving for Chicago for a audition and won't be back til some time Wednesday.  And today I find that if she gets the job she'll be going back to Chicago next week.  Now I'm starting wondering what if she gets an audition or a job right before my wedding.  She usually get the call a day or two before she has to leave.  I don't know what to do.  Should I just not use her or take a chance that something won't come up or she'll if she'll promise not to go if something does.  Any suggestions?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WWYD?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wait, I'm confused. What is it that your friend offered to do?
  • Options
    Melgor78Melgor78 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I fixed it.  It was our hair.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    personally, I wouldn't risk it. But that's just me. The last thing I would have wanted to do days before my wedding was try and find someone to do my hair. No ma'am.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I agree! I would be too nervous that she would flake at the last minute and leave you screwed.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would just explain to her that you are concerned that she may not be able to do your hair the day of because of the responsibilities in her life and then find someone else to do it.  You should think that most salons are super busy on Saturdays so if you wait to long you may not have someone at all.
    DS Born 12/21/11 #2 EDD 4/7/13
  • Options
    GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A close friend of mine was going to my hair, and my girls as a gift. A little over a week out from my wedding she told me she couldn't, because she had to work.

Get someone else to do it. I literally called every salon in Brighton and found one that was available 8 days before the wedding.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't take the chance - to me, it wouldn't be worth it if something happened and I was without a stylist on the wedding day.

If you are worried that you will offend her, then I would just tell her that you understand that she is busy and you appreciate the offer, but it would be less stressful to hire someone else.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree! Why take the chance! Make an appointment!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards