California-Los Angeles

Santa Barbara

Have any of you ladies had their wedding in santa barbara? if so can you tell me where you got married, what hotels you stayed at or recommend, hair/makeup, photogs., etc.  Any advice and recommendations would be appreciated!!  :)

Thanks Girls

Re: Santa Barbara

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Boston got married at The Canary Hotel.  She's not on here often but try paging her if she doesn't respond to this post.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I got married in SB. Just check out my bio for all of my vendors - ALL of them were awesome! If you have any specific questions you can e-mail me at knottie name at aol dot com. I didn't look at any other venues, I knew I wanted to get married at the Biltmore (4 seasons) so I didn't bother going anywhere else.
  • edited December 2011
    I got married in SB at the Canary Hotel.  I don't recommend getting married at that hotel, but I have a lot of great vendors in my bio.  I had a really great florist- her prices were significantly lower than other florists we were quoted in the area, and she ended up being a DOC too- really organized and helped so much!!
    Let me know if you have any questions!
  • edited December 2011
    I got married in Santa Barbara as well. The ceremony was at the Santa Barbara Courthouse and the reception was at the Arts & Letters Cafe. We had a small wedding, 52 ended up coming, and everything was great. Check out my bio for vendor info. I just have a link that read "For Sale" but you will be able to acess the rest of my bio from that link. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I got married in Santa Barbara in August 29th, 08.  We were married at the Fess Parker Doubletree.  SB is my second home so I know alot about the area and planning a wedding there.  I have tons of info on the vendors I used and others that I would reccommend as well as a few that I'd personally stay away from.

Feel free to e-mail me at summer0fstars@aol.com (the "o" in "of" is a zero) if you want to talk or have any questions.  Love to help ya as other SB brides helped me! :)  Good luck!
  • katielisa777katielisa777 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married in Ventura but some of my vendors work in SB. 

My SIL did my flowers and they were amazing.  She works at S.R. Hogue in Montecito, they do beautiful work but are a little on the pricey side.

CSUNsweetie used Montecito Confectins for her cake and it was one of the tasties wedding cakes I've ever had.

Loved, loved our photographers.  www.studiobenjaminjames.com and www.hazelnutphotography.com 

Congrats and GL!
  • csunsweetiecsunsweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married there! I had my ceremony & reception at the Saint Barbara Greek Orthodox Church. But not in the church (you have to be greek). I have a half-put together married bio and my vendors are in the planning one.

I brought in hair and makeup from LA and had catering from Pismo. The only vendors I really had from SB was Montecito Confections, Shell's Petals (actually she's in ventura) and then my rentals. 

Most of my guests stayed at the Pepper tree Inn and a few others just looked for a great deal. We even had some folks drive back the same night since it's so close. 
  • csunsweetiecsunsweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my photog was from Ventura too. Loved her!!! Melissa with Captured Photos
  • edited December 2011
    I got married in Carpinteria, just a few miles from SB.  Loved all our vendors and would highly recommend them

Venue & Caterer: Rincon Beach Club

Photographer: Michelle Warren

Florist: Camille Panzarello, Modern Day Design

Cake: Christine Dahl, SB Cakes (also had a cake from Montecito Confections in the shape of half dome.  We preffered Christine's cakes but she doesn't make shaped cakes so we had Katie make that one)

Videographer: Beem Video

Hair & Makeup: Mar with Team

I was just lurking on the knot boards today and am not sure I will be on much.  If you have questions you can email me rincon777 at yahoo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards