South Asian Weddings

DJ Costs?

I was just wondering what your DJ budgets were.  We want to hire an Indian DJ for our reception and I'm wondering what our budget should be.  Thanks!

Re: DJ Costs?

• edited December 2011
    My DJ wasn $1200 for Ceremony and Reception. He was pretty much there from 4-1am.  No lighting or anything was included in that either.  When I did my research I found Indian DJ's do cost a little more than non Indian DJ's.  Atleast in the Seattle area
  • edited December 2011
    I think it depends on the area but chicago is prob about $1300 to $1500 for an indian DJ.
  • edited December 2011
    Hmmm... my wedding is in the NY/NJ area and we're paying around 1750 for our DJ with nothing additional to the package. Your budget probably should depend on what you want from your DJ...a lot of them offer additional services like lighting, Dhol players, even dancers. If you want him just to play music for your reception, it'll probably vary by region but I would think it would range between 1K-2K.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the responses!  I think we're also gonna try getting lighting from him as well as a dhol player.  This one's for the Houston event we're having.  (Our Chicago DJ is set.)  So far, I've been in touch with one DJ who's a friend of a friend.  He's gonna meet with me next week to do a walk through of the venue and see how he can help with the lighting.  He asked for a budget and we really hadn't set one for the DJ.  My mom took care of the Chicago DJ so I dunno how much that guy was charging.  I was just wondering what to tell this guy as far as budget is concerned.Thanks again!
  • Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our DJ was around $2200 - That included Reception music, LED uplighting, intelligent lighting and a GOBO.
  • edited December 2011
    Mine was originally quoted at $595 but I asked to lower $100 and he did! I guess because my wedding is on a Sunday mid morning/lunch time so he wouldn't have any other request. 4 hrs.  He is a good one too.
    DS was born in April 2012 at 31 weeks - 45 days in NICU ?If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?? M.B.
  • edited December 2011
    Have you girls heard of DJ yogi in Houston?
    Happy to be Engaged
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards