Outdoor Weddings

Best Place to Buy String Lights?

We are planning on hanging string lights, or globe lights in our backyard for the wedding and reception to increase lighting and add a decorative touch.

Have any of you found a good deal on these? 

Thank you!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Best Place to Buy String Lights?

• cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2010
    If you are looking for inexpensive, can you borrow Christmas lights from some family members?

I bought some 50% off after christmas and used them behind tulle in some of my decor and I thought they looked fabulous.  Just make sure that if you have white (or light) walls, linens, decor, etc. that you use strands that are white instead of green.

If you are looking for globe lights, I would look now at home improvement stores, target, meijer, etc. and see if you can find some clearance ones with their patio furniture.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We are getting strings of lights with the globe style bulbs online from Sivals. I think its sivalinc.com but you might have to google them. Seems really reasonably priced and actually cheaper than renting for us. Hope that helps!
  • I got my globe string lights at Target, but they're a seasonal item so you'd have to check quickly. 
  • I bought mine at Wal-mart after Christmas for $1.00 a pack.  They should still carry the white lights, and I think the original price was only $2.50 or something.
  • When is your wedding? The holidays will be coming up before we know it, and the Christmas lights will be out in no time fast. Better yet, if you can, wait until after Christmas and get them on clearance!
  • Oh yeah!  I'm definitely going to be purchasing many many strings of white Christmas lights after the holiday.  It's one of the first things I figured out regarding my decor!
  • If you are specifically looking for globe lights, we bought ours at partylights.com. They are more expensive than holiday lights. We tried to purchase white holiday lights the day after Christmas and they were already gone! Just don't wait too long if that's your plan.
  • I second the partylights.com recommendation.  The globe lights are far rarer and a little more expensive than Christmas string ilghts.  I couldn't compromise on the look though so it's one of my 2 splurges.  It's for inside a white tent and I couldn't get the globe lights on white strings anywhere else.  I will be trying to sell them afterwards though. 

Hmmm - I have 7 strands of 25' with 25 G40 globe bulbs on them.  I'll be done with them in mid-september.  Let me know if you think it's worthwhile to ship them to you.
  • edited July 2010
     If you are not planning on using them again. I would recommend renting them from your local party store. They normal have them in all different styles, lengths, and colors. Good luck with the rest of the planning
  • I bought my globe lights from Target for $10 a set.  As far as rentals go, you should look into outdoor chandeliers.  I am lucky that my venue already has two.
  • i got super cheap ($2.99 a box) white lights at Christmass Tree Shop (cheap home store not sure if they are all over the US).  They have all sorts of cheap decor! Paper Lanters in my colours for .50-2.00 each!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I need them for my enegagement party on 9/21. How much would u sell them for?
  • I second the partylights.com recommendation.  The globe lights are far rarer and a little more expensive than Christmas string ilghts.  I couldn't compromise on the look though so it's one of my 2 splurges.  It's for inside a white tent and I couldn't get the globe lights on white strings anywhere else.  I will be trying to sell them afterwards though. 

Hmmm - I have 7 strands of 25' with 25 G40 globe bulbs on them.  I'll be done with them in mid-september.  Let me know if you think it's worthwhile to ship them to you.

How much and can I get them by september 21?
  • WildMageletWildMagelet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited August 2013
    @cditrolio  

This thread is 3 years old.  Please keep in mind the posting date when replying to older threads.  You can find the post date underneath of the username.  The user you were replying to hasn't posted since 2010 and will likely not be back to answer your question.  If you WTB bulbs the site that SpookieCat bought hers from is still an option, or else you can try posting a WTB on the wedding classifieds board.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards