Destination Weddings Discussions

Dress Alteration

Hey Ladies!

So I am a bit nervous about my first appt to get my dress altered tomorrow.  To rehash the story, I tried on a dress in size A and it fit like a glove!  We order dress in size A, come back to try it on and I am swimming in it. We order a size B, fits way better than size A exept it's a bit snug at the top.  That's why I am nervous.  Thinking about them cutting up the dress to "open it up".  And even though I am not trying to lose weight, what if I do?  I don't want the thing falling down on me.  I hate that I am so nervous :-(
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Dress Alteration

• Good luck! I'm sure it will be fine!

If it make you feel better, I bought my dress off the rack, and it was huge. I had it completely taken in, and hemmed a good bit (I'm very short and things are always too long), and it still looks amazing! My tailor told me that it would be easy for her to make small adjustments should I gain(good Lord I hope not)/lose weight, and to just make sure I try my dress on a few times over the next couple months. If I start noticing a trend one way or the other, bring it in. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That helps ease the worry a bit. i hope my seamstress is a people person otherwise i will have to go to someone else. Davids bridal is doing the alterations.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Good luck Nicole! No matter what I am sure it will look GREAT!! 
    Anniversary
  • It'll be fine. They don't let just anyone open up your dress. They know what they are doing. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_dress-alteration?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:227d3048-40cb-4c57-9d70-ad399860b33ePost:cf94eb3d-6c0b-403e-b3d3-59a155e4b8ac">Dress Alteration</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Ladies! So I am a bit nervous about my first appt to get my dress altered tomorrow.  To rehash the story, I tried on a dress in size A and it fit like a glove!  We order dress in size A, come back to try it on and I am swimming in it. We order a size B, fits way better than size A exept it's a bit snug at the top.  That's why I am nervous.  Thinking about them cutting up the dress to "open it up".  And even though I am not trying to lose weight, what if I do?  I don't want the thing falling down on me.  I hate that I am so nervous :-(
    Posted by Julyet06[/QUOTE]

I just had mine changed into a corset back at David's. They did an amazing job. Plus now I don't have to worry about gaining or losing any pounds!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards