California-Inland Empire

I'm new to the board and looking for some help

Hi my name is Shannon and I just got engaged and we are looking at oct of 2012 for our wedding.  We live in hemet but if we can find locations in the riverside area or heading towards orange county that is fine we have fmaily that lives in the OC but we live in the Inland Empire.  Both of us are college students and i'm a mother of 2. which makes things even more interesting.  But our biggest thing is my oldest child is a cancer survivor.  Alot of our money goes to getting my son back and forth to his appointments for oncology othopedics and every other appointment under the sun.  We are trying to stay under $3000 for our wedding and this is just location and a small reception.  My fiance wants me to have the wedding I've always wanted because my last wedding was a big bust. And my life has changed so much in that time.  If anyone has any suggestions please feel free.  i'm also trying to find tea length wedding dress and am having one heck of a time locating something thats affordable.

Shannon

Re: I'm new to the board and looking for some help

• BRwedding2011BRwedding2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    how about Hearts Home Farm - http://www.heartshome.com in Hemet - they are pretty reasonable.

Tea length dresses - try David's Bridal, Alfred Angelo, Nordstrom, Group USA at Ontario Mills. Look at bridesmaid dress options in white, that might work too instead of a traditional bridal gown since you are look for tea length.
  • edited December 2011
    have an appt at David's bridal on the 21st of Aug also planning on going to monteclair to check out jessica mcclintock for dress's for the girls and me....and I'll get to Group USA i've never heard of that one and we are also looking at hearts home farms. the prices are nice my cousins were married there years ago.  My fiance is waiting to talk to his mom till December to let her know and hoping she doesn't add about 50 ppl to the guest list because we cannot afford that lol unles she pays for them.  We were looking at a wedding with cake reception. unles we can manage to come up with more money, 
  • edited December 2011
    Hi neighbor (I'm in San Jacinto)!  I heard from someone that the Hemet library has a reception hall on the second floor and it is really cheap to rent. 
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • MrsLuna010308MrsLuna010308 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you do your wedding at the library on the second floor. You have to have someone there all day. You also have to hire their security which isn't cheap so all in all they are a bust if you are trying to keep the wedding cheap.
  • edited December 2011
    It'll kind of be like that at any place where you rent and plan ot serve alcohol unless it's a venue that already has all that set into the price like a golf course.
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Shannon.  I live in Riverside and I'm getting married Sept 2012.  I too am on a tight budget so I've been doing some research.  As far as locations,  I've learned that all the parks (especially in Riverside) have remodeled and updated the rooms they rent out for parties, etc.  I take Zumba classes at various parks during the week so I get to see the locations first hand.  They have central a/c and kitchens, everything you need and they're very affordable.  You may want to check the parks out in Hemet.  They may have some facilities also.  Alot of people dismiss what the local parks have to offer but with a little creativity you can transform a room easily.   There's also the historical Citrus Park which has beautiful gardens and a very nice building with a kitchen, french doors, central a/c, etc.. 

A few months ago there was a family on Craigslist that rented their backyard area for receptions, etc.  They had a nice grass area and a pool and I think they're located in Fontana.  I don't know if they still do that buy you may want to check it out.  Personally, I don't know why more people don't do that, unless it's a liability factor.

As far as your tea length gown,  I've been shopping for one also and the best price is DHGATE.COM.  You can custom order it to your size, height, etc., for about $120.  Also, the David's Bridal website has an "outlet" with dresses under $100.  Don't forget, if you get it cheap enough, you can buy a long dress and have it cut off to any length. Also, check out Preownedweddingdresses.com, RecycledBride.com, Oncewed, eBay and Craigslist.  Most people don't know that you can do a "national" search on Craigslist at  http://www.my-craigs-finder.com/ .  Most folks are pretty nice and if you found a dress you like, they'll ship it to you.

I hope this info helps:-)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Shannon,
    I saw your post just had to answer. 
    For your dress check out uniquevintage.com.  They sell retro style clothing and wedding dresses but also modern homecoming/prom dresses.  They are located in Burbank so its not to far to go check it out.  I know I sound like an advertisment or commercial but honestly I'm not.  My wedding is a retro 40's style and I took 3 of my 4 bridesmaids who also happen to be my daughters & step daughters aged 17 to 22.  Needless to say, trying to get all the girls to agree on dresses was impossible...  But we did dind something there that all of them loved and can wear again.  The store has an amazing sale/clearance section online too! 

As for the venue, not sure how far you have come on selection but I agree with Debredhead.  Definately check out some parks in the area.  A friend of mine recently had a wedding at Crestmore Manor in Riverside near Mt. Rubidoux and said it was extremely affordable. 
    Worse comes to worse, check out some destinations which make it easy to keep costs down - our wedding is happening in Laughlin and only going to run $25.00 per person, This includes the venue for 4 hours, ceremony, all food, and linens.  We have no clean up!  :)  The destination might help keep the guest list down too!  Good luck!  :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards