Hawaii

Groom's Gift?

Any ideas?  I was thinking a watch, but is that boring???

Re: Groom's Gift?

• edited December 2011
    Have you done some boudoir pics? I know that's what Phil really wanted... but I didn't have time to get them done.
  • edited December 2011
    Have you thought about cufflinks? Etsy artists can do custom map cufflinks. You could maybe choose a map of a place that is special to both of you,  a place where you met or where he proposed.
    http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?search_type=handmade&search_query=cufflinks+maps

My FI loves history, old maps etc. so I am definitely doing this as a gift, and I will also be wrapping it in a box that is covered with a map as well. Like this:

• bulinbulin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my FI is a huge football fan so i bought the jersey of his favorite player and will be sending it to have it autographed.  don't know if i will actually get it back...we'll see. 

everyone told me that i am suppose to get something that'll last or he can wear...like a watch!  but he doesn't even wear a watch!  if this jersey thing doesn't work out then i'll probabaly get him a watch.
  • edited December 2011
    You guys are all so sweet. I got my FI a pair of wool socks - on one foot, I put letters that said "warm", on the other, "feet". We both appreciate sarcasm, plus I wanted to be encouraging on the day of our wedding.

Otherwise, my gift to him was all the dang wedding planning I did for a year!

I think Alyson's idea is a good one too, because what husband wouldn't appreciate that?
  • edited December 2011
    LOL!  I love the "warm feet" socks!  Wish I had seen those before I got married!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Yet one more thing I hadn't thoight of LOL.  But the good news is he probably hasn't thought about a gift for me either so we'll probably say screw it!
  • AngelshannAngelshann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought FI a Skagen titanium watch.  It was pricey but is gorgeous and looks great with his wedding ring.  He loved it and was very surprised!  I also wanted to do boudoir pics but couldn't find a female photographer here in Hawaii.
  • edited December 2011
    No worries Sandy!  The hubby & I didn't exchange gifts either!  :)
  • Samaralynn23Samaralynn23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HAHA "warm feet" is great. 

I did a groom's gift he did not do a bride's gift.  I wanted a little something just for him so I purchased a hard to find cava antigua almond tequila he had gotten in puerto vallarta five years ago.  He's been sipping on the same bottle since and finally ran out from letting everyone taste it's wonder.  Took me 7 months through a guy on ebay.  They have a website but when you try to call mexico and order they have issues shipping to Hawaii.   

I got it as a thank you for him trusting me and letting me do what i thought was best and for choosing what i knew we would both like.  The tequila toast was a hit too.  I found awesome plastic shot glasses that said "Here's to the Groom" on them and had his mother take it out to him before the ceremony to a table I had the caters pre setup so that all the gentleman could partake. 

It was suppose to be a birthday gift but took too long to get.  I wouldn't have done anything else if it had worked out differently.  You are already giving so much of yourself to eachother I don't think it matters, what matters is you being there :) 
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for all the ideas!  i need to do a little more thinking about how to make it more "personal"...
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance really wants to get a new really nice pricey digital Canon camera.  We decided to spend our money and get this for each other as a wedding gift.  It's something that we can use on our trip to Oahu for our wedding and in Maui on our honeymoon and all the years to come.
  • edited December 2011
    Oooh...FI and I just bought a nice, pricey digital Canon camera too.  Maybe I'll just tell him that will be our gift to each other :)  Then it'll be one less thing for both of us to worry about...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards