Wedding Woes

Woohoo! Done Christmas shopping for my mom!

She's crossed off my Christmas list.  Hopefully my dad and his wife will be next, followed by the ILs.

I think this year I'll actually be ahead of the game.  I used to be, but I've sort of been backsliding over the past several years.  When I was in business school, finals were always the second week of December, so I wouldn't even think about Christmas until they were over.  Then two years ago I was knocked up and so tired I could barely think straight, and last year I had a little baby...and was so tired I could barely think straight.  I think this is the year I finally get back on track.

Are most of y'all early birds or last minute shoppers when it comes to Christmas?  Or somewhere in the middle?

Re: Woohoo! Done Christmas shopping for my mom!

• Depends on when Hanukkah falls. This year it's obscenely early (it starts tomorrow night!). I actually procrastinated pretty badly this year. Started my shopping 3 weeks ago. Still waiting on a couple of items to get to me. Picking up H's gift tonight.
  • I have no clue what to get my mom.  I'm usually a pretty early shopper.  It helps me spread out the payments, but the stocking stuffers seem to be a last minute deal.

DH is a last minute shopper and it drives me batty.  I know some of the things he gets I could have bought cheaper earlier.
  • I'm usually in the middle. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_woohoo-done-christmas-shopping-mom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:df4c14d2-1b33-4f8c-8726-73c7d6b3371cPost:37712708-e4df-4476-9658-207db8c94225">Re: Woohoo! Done Christmas shopping for my mom!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Depends on when Hanukkah falls. This year it's obscenely early (it starts tomorrow night!). I actually procrastinated pretty badly this year. Started my shopping 3 weeks ago. Still waiting on a couple of items to get to me. Picking up H's gift tonight.
    Posted by Mrs.Thistletwat[/QUOTE]
    That would make me crazy.  The holidays that change dates from year to year (Easter, Thanksgiving) always throw me off. 
  • I'm in the middle mostly.  I get it all done before the 21st.  I consider that good.
  • we've mostly stopped giving gifts, thankfully.  fil still complains about it because he likes giving gifts (although his gifts are ... odd, to say the least).  the kids get gifts, though (and i get to be cc'd on the thank you email, yay nieces!).

we will give gifts if it's something that we KNOW someone would love to have.
  • We give gifts to the parents and siblings. There are no nieces and nephews yet and we each only have 1 sibling (and H has a BIL). Keeps things pretty easy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards