Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Anyone try the Clarisonic?

My pores have been especially clogged/large the past few months and I was thinking about trying the Clarisonic brush.  It claims to help remove make-up way better than just washing your face, and to make your pores smaller.  Has anyone tried? Reviews?

Thanks!

Re: Anyone try the Clarisonic?

• I have it and I'm not too impressed - I do feel like it gives me a better "clean" when I wash my face (just like the Sonicare does for your teeth - Made by the same company). But I havent noticed any difference in my pores or anything. I don't really have any issues with them to start with, so that could be why but I think it's just a good way to clean.

There are so many rave reviews on Sephora.com though!!
  • I've had my Clarisonic since November and let me tell you, I would marry it if I could! It's one of the best tools I've ever had - my skin has never felt so clean - but you need to know that it's just that: a tool. I read hundreds of reviews before I decided to get it and I noticed that many people don't realize it's supposed to enhance your products, not replace them. You still need a stellar cleanser, and you can't blame the Clarisonic for less than incredible results if you aren't using it with one. If you do have a great cleanser, the Clarisonic will amaze you. I love it! Use it with good products and you will too.      

• edited January 2010
    Ditto with the poster above me said about still needing a good cleanser (for your skin type).

I bought a Pretika ($40 on Amazon) a few weeks ago because I wanted to see if I liked a face brush first before committing to the Clarisonic price tag. It took me a while to get used to it and I have just figured out the best usage routine for me. I was only using it once a day on the gentle setting, but now I use it twice a day on the normal setting and my skin just keeps getting better. You may have a "purging period" when you first use it, becuase it really brings a lot to the surface (similar to a facial). I did have an initial breakout that was actually REALLY bad, but a few days after I kicked it up to the twice a day usage and it cleared up. I had a few red scars in my cheeks that have been there for months and it's faded SO much now. I would have to say my favorite part though is just how much LESS oily my skin is. I used to have oily skin all over and now it's more normal, with it being a tiny bit oily around my nose at the end of the day. My makeup goes on effortlessly and stays put.  A huge advantage of the Pretika/Clarisonic is its ability to just even out your skin and create a better canvas for makeup, skin serums, etc.
  • Thanks guys!  My skin is also typically oily and I have a couple red marks that I keep hoping will fade...hopefully this will help.  You all make a good point about the cleanser though.  For those of you will oily skin and occational breakouts (not severe acne), which cleanser do you use with the Clarisonic?
  • i have it, i love it. i use the cleanser that they sell with it-the one for oily skin-and i've had a dramatic improvement in my skin in terms of texture and fading of scars. However, I know ALOT of people have had allergic reactions to the clarisonic cleansers, so if you have sensitive skin, I wouldn't recommend it.

• Yea I read that on the Sephora reviews about the cleanser that comes with it.  I think I'm going to go for it and buy the Clarisonic...but I'll probably go with a different cleanser to be on the safe side. Thanks for the advice!
  • Use a foam or cream cleanser; nothing with any "exfoliators" in it or anything. If your skin is acne prone, I recommend Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Foaming Cleanser or Clinique's 3-step skin care line. Clinique has various different combinations for different skin concerns; only get the acne solutions line if your skin is pretty bad. If you don't really have problem skin, a basic cleanser like Purpose or Cetaphil (both really cheap at the drugstore) should work. 
  • I have a clarisonic and love it, as well.  I use it twice a day with purpose face wash (recommended by my brother's derm when he had really bad skin).  My skin feels really soft and clean afterward.  When I started using it, I had a purple spot on my nose and an acne scar on my cheek.  The purple spot was gone in two weeks.  No change to the acne scar tho...

I have the one with the body buffing brush head and I use it on my legs before I shave.  My legs stay really soft and I get an extremely close shave.
  • I love it! My only issue with it though was the price tag. Ditto though that you need a great cleaner to use it and to get the best results.
  • I love mine. I have the Mia in pink and I think it improved my skin dramatically. I used to have nasty pores and blotchy skin and now I have even skin tone and very small pores. I use my cleanser from Neutrogena.
  • So I went ahead and bought it, despite the crazy price tag!  I've only been using it for 3 days now so I can't give a real review (I'll do that in a couple months)....but so far there's no real change (I didn't expect there to be one yet), but I can tell the difference is how "clean" my face is after I wash it.  I'm pretty sure it's getting the makeup off better than just washing.   Anyway, thanks again for all the advice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards