Vermont
Options

Need advice from VT locals!

Hi Ladies!

FI and I are planning a mini-honeymoon after our wedding October 28th, for a long weekend in VT. What we’re looking for:

-a great hotel/ Inn (Jacuzzi tubs are a plus!)

-a fun downtown area where we can check out lots of breweries

-adventurous area where we can check out some local attractions: cheese shops, kayaking, spas, etc.

We usually just go to VT to ski, so we don’t know where more luxurious areas are and what towns are best in October for a long weekend getaway.

Advice please :)

Re: Need advice from VT locals!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Woodstock area is probably a good bet (it is gorgeous down there!), but there's always Burlington too, especially if you're into breweries.  Shelburn Farms has a lovely Inn, and it's not far from Burlington.

However, I am a NEK (northeast kingdom) local, and I can't pass up the opportunity to plug my local B&B.  For romance you can't do much better than Rabbit Hill Inn in Waterford.  I actually worked there in high school as the nightly turndown maid, and I can tell you inside and out that it's just as great as these reviews say.  I'm getting married in August in Greensboro, and my FI and I are driving an hour out of the way at the end of the night just to be able to stay there our honeymoon night :-)
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g57306-d82595-Reviews-Rabbit_Hill_Inn-Lower_Waterford_Northeast_Kingdom_Vermont.html
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Mango9Mango9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey there I live in Burlington and there are lots of great breweries around the area.  Magic hat, Switchback.  There are some local restaurants that brew there own beer.  Vermont pub and brewery always has a good selection and there food is good too.  
        I am also a huge fan of the Waterbury/Stowe area.  There are great breweries there too!!   There is rock art brewery in Morrisville (short drive from Stowe).  The shed on the Mt road in Stowe.  The alchemist (In waterbury)t brews there own beer and serves some pretty good food too!

Here is some info of brewery tours in VT.  

Sorry I don't know much a bout southern VT I don't get down there as much as I would like to.  

Also on a side note since you are planning on visiting during Halloween I HIGHLY suggest a haunted corn maze.  I know sounds kind of cheesy but its so much fun.

• Options
    Kensie67Kensie67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hello!

I'm a native Vermonter and I have a suggestion for you. The only place in Vermont that I know of that has all the things you are looking for, is Burlington. I live just outside the city of Burlington and I love it. There is a great downtown area called Church Street where you can shop, eat, and hang out at a brewery. I recommend Vermont Pub and Brewery for casual food and beer.  Plus its right near Lake Champlain. If you are coming in the fall, you will have terrific foliage. you should go apple picking at Shelburne Orchards. very romantic! 

Hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards