West Virginia

Wedding Sight

This is a 2nd marriage for both of us, both in our 50's so we are wanting a simple wedding. He is from Huntington and I am from Morgantown. We are looking for some place to have the wedding, if possible, convenient to both families. We are leaning towards something outdoors with a backup for rain but will take any suggestions?

Re: Wedding Sight

• WVUITGradWVUITGrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend Stonewall Jackson State Park.  This is about halfway between the two cities and it has great outdoor ceremony locations.
  • edited December 2011
    Stonewall is beautiful and would definitely accomadate for bad weather BUT it is VERY pricey!
  • edited December 2011
    I recommend Lakeview. We are getting married there and you can get married outside with a backup inside and we think the price is great! Our package includes open bar, hors d'ouevres, dinner, and our wedding cake is even included! I can't remember the prices of the other packages but this package that we are doing is $52.95 per person.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh! And I remember them telling me we could put together our own package too if we didn't want to go with the ones they already had. Just an FYI.
  • wvbrideswvbrides member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Valley Falls in the Grafton area. They have a gazebo by the falls now, so pretty. About a mile or two away is the Valley Falls Reception area.
    http://www.valleyfallsreceptioncenter.com/Home_Page.html

My venue is Gatherings in Fairmont. It's inside, but it's convenient to have the ceremony and reception in one place. I'm actually doing a Friday night package, which is a great deal price-wise. The package can include 2 nights at a B&B for a quick honeymoon getaway.
    http://www.gatheringsweddings.com/default.html

And yes, I agree, I was a bit stunned at the Stonewall Jackson prices. No doubt it's beautiful, but a little on the costly side!

• edited December 2011
    Oglebay Resort and Conference Center in Wheeling is an all inclusive. You can have the ceremony and reception there. They also cater and take care of the cake!
    Mrs Bullock
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards