North Carolina-Outer Banks

tuxedo rental

has anyone used obx tuxedo rentals? having wedding in sept 2012 and been looking at options. got one groomsman coming from overseas so can't get to national chain like men's wearhouse. others from VA or RI. 

saw that they are affliated with jim tux rental and gets tux's shipped in after giving them measurements.

has anyone rented tux's from them? cost? problems?

thanks,
doris

Re: tuxedo rental

• I personally looked into it but decided to buy suits instead, which actually ended up being about the same price-wise as renting.  We wanted tan suits and liked the cotton blend ones at Jos A. Banks more than the mostly polyester ones that they rent out.  I think  to rent the suits is about $140  each at the cheapest, plus the cost of shoes  We got a deal to buy the suits - no shirt - for about $117 each.  But honestly you can use anyone that you like if you have the guys call in with their measurements.
    image June 22, 2012
  • thanks, Jen! wow...that's exactly what we were thinking about...using tan suits

wasn't sure about cost of tux rental but at that price, much better to buy suits for guys and get them altered to fit. since most groomsmen are family anyway, purchase makes sense.

and funny - jos a bank was running incredible sale this weekend - buy 1 get 3 free, which was perfect for our group.  and tan color was perfect and cotton/polyester blend seemed perfect (minimal wrinkles).

very much appreciate your sharing and makes me feel much better about purchasing the these suits. ..there was a recent sale at jos. a banks where you buy one and get 3 free. works for our small wedding party - it's just the logistics of getting alterations for all the guys.

thank you, much!
  • No problem!  We received that same deal (they were not having the sale, but sometimes the store will give you the same deal for a wedding party - I had to try 2 stores until I got the price I wanted).  We used the 3-button poplin suit in tan for the groom/groomsmen and the oyster (or 'sand' in stores) for the dads (though Mike's dad opted for the 2-button suit with pleated pants, so it's nice that you have that option).  They were perfect.  We had alterations done through Jos A. Bank, and they were reasonably priced.  We did have a bit of an issue as far as them finishing up last minute though, so make sure you allow plenty of time for whatever the guys end up doing. 

I don't have many professional pics yet, but I've attached one that my mom took of us and the guys and one of my dad and I so you can see the colors

image June 22, 2012
  • great pics and beautiful gown/setting! and love the suits, for dad's and groomsmen!!! 

and.think those are the same color that we're ordering too!

just went to jos a banks and ordered up the 4 suits. couldn't get exact size for one person, but hoping that alterations will do the job. love this sale and so good to know that they will work with wedding party to make things happen. it's a great option and everyone gets a really nice suit as their gift (esp for family members).

who did you use for photographer? these are beautiful and captures moment...what a blue sky!
  • Jen! omg - just realized that pics by your mom! bet those professional ones will be incredible...fantastic day...many congrats!Cool
  • Thank you!  I'm glad to help, and I'm also glad everything is working out for you!

My signature picture is the only one by a professional - not a cloud in the sky that day.  We used Chris Bickford, and the few we've seen so far as the "sneak peek" have been amazing!  Thanks for the compliments and good luck with everything!
    image June 22, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards