Not Engaged Yet
Options

AW- WR Dress Selected

Ok, no more sneaking this into other threads like someone (ahem, Elle) complained about.  That said, I may intentionally delete the pictures in this post later so please don't quote me in any replies (not sure if, when you quote someone, it also attaches the pictures?)...FI knows I post on this board and I do not want him to see the dress. 

Here it is with the (crazy expensive) veil I fell in love with too. 

I love this dress....I tried it on and couldn't stop smiling.  FI is going to adore it...he loves what he calls my hour-glass shape (I think that is being kind and I'm more of a pear but I'll take the complement).  The top is so beautiful and blingy and the bottom is so bridal to me.  That said, the skirt needs to come up to hit my hips more than my thighs.  What do you ladies think...2 inches? more?  I bought the sample in order to keep it in budget so they have to do some alterations anyway to bring it in....going to try to lose 12 lbs too. 

Re: AW- WR Dress Selected

• Options
    I love it.  I really like the patterns in the beading.  Who's the designer?

I raised the skirt on my dress by about 2 inches, too, so it sat at the tops of my thighs and not halfway down.  I feel like it made a big difference.
  • Options
    Wow. Your dress is gorgeous!

I think raising it about 2 inches would be a good idea since right now I think it is probably making you look kind of short.

• Options
    Wow I love this dress, gorgeous!

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-wr-dress-selected?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2d9ac8f3-47cc-45fc-8d73-bf7f593f2cfePost:59b00cba-a325-4e77-bf8c-05e80bb80803">Re: AW- WR Dress Selected</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love it.  I really like the patterns in the beading.  Who's the designer? I raised the skirt on my dress by about 2 inches, too, so it sat at the tops of my thighs and not halfway down.  I feel like it made a big difference.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Elle.  The designer is YSA Makino.  The skirt definately has to come up, I agree that it will make a big difference.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-wr-dress-selected?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2d9ac8f3-47cc-45fc-8d73-bf7f593f2cfePost:9b2f3c98-bc85-48d0-a365-5238c7db6d76">Re: AW- WR Dress Selected</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow. Your dress is gorgeous! I think raising it about 2 inches would be a good idea since right now I think it is probably making you look kind of short.
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I struggled with that a lot (I'm also on the floor in the picture without shoes).  It is the only thing I didn't like about the dress (I panicked about it the next day after I bought it).  I think the right tailor should be able to tell me if I need it to come up 2 inches or perhaps even more (they will have to re-do the beading).  I got a quote on tailoring and, while expensive, it isn't as bad as I thought it would be.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-wr-dress-selected?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2d9ac8f3-47cc-45fc-8d73-bf7f593f2cfePost:1656a434-89b7-403d-9769-17980a0be71c">Re: AW- WR Dress Selected</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow I love this dress, gorgeous!
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Danser.
  • Options
    I love it!

• Options
    Oh it's gorgous! The beading is exquisite.
    If getting the skirt brought up is within budget I would look into it. The bodice looks really long.
  • Options
    Thank you ladies...getting the skirt raised and the bodice shortened is a "must".  It took a little imagination to picture how the final product will look (and a lot of guts to purchase the dress without that clear picture) but I adore both the top and bottom of the dress so I know the right tailor should be able to find where the top should "end" and the skirt should "begin". 

I also love that the dress really fits my personality...I often wear soft, romantic-type outfits and dresses every day with lace, tule, etc.  When I have a very special occassion, however, I always go for a form-fitting fit with a little sparkle that still looks classy.  Since this is the most special occassion of my life, wearing a romantic dress (like lace, etc.) just didn't fit "me" if that makes sense.  Boy did I struggle with that, however, as a lot of the lace/romantic dresses were so beautiful.  

I can see myself dancing among the stars in this dress, which is exactly what we will be doing at the Planetarium.  :)  Thank you all for your support and kind words.
  • Options
    This is lovely on you!  You are going to be so beautiful on your wedding day:)
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    Gorgeous dress!
  • Options
    You ladies rock.  I really appreciate the support.  :)
  • Options
    Wowza!  I think you already look fantastic!  The alterations sound good, too.  Congrats on finding your dress.   :)

• Options
    Love this dress! It is gorgeous :)
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-wr-dress-selected?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2d9ac8f3-47cc-45fc-8d73-bf7f593f2cfePost:75dc1a50-4af2-47e4-9ece-8d4b9d73ed21">Re: AW- WR Dress Selected</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wowza!  I think you already look fantastic!  The alterations sound good, too.  Congrats on finding your dress.   :)
    Posted by RWS2011[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I appreciate that more than you know.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-wr-dress-selected?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2d9ac8f3-47cc-45fc-8d73-bf7f593f2cfePost:8bc3cde8-2f60-4821-8363-df213787814b">Re: AW- WR Dress Selected</a>:
    [QUOTE]Love this dress! It is gorgeous :)
    Posted by dewingedpixie[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

With that, I have to delete pictures...someone keeps peeking over at me wondering what I'm typing...just a matter of time before I have someone behind me looking over my shoulder.  :)
  • Options
    I bet it looked beautiful, judging by the comments :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards