Nebraska

Re: blank

• edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska_horrible-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:654Discussion:b37b398c-fb17-457a-9a56-d0a74e335dcaPost:b269e0eb-d757-4c28-8ab5-a60ea7d2b173">Horrible Dj</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just want to vent about how upset I am with our dj we had!!! First he came off really nice and super helpful. We were so excited to book him. Then the closer we got the fishier things got. He asked us to write the check to him not to his company so he didn't have to pay a tax on it then he didn't even have our contract up to date, and when I called him on it he fixed it. Then we wanted a slideshow and he forgot parts so we couldn't do the slideshow. This is the part that really upset me...we had a crowd that would've danced all night. Which is why we paid more to have the dj for UNLIMITED hours. So he went up to my husband and asked what we wanted to do at 11, if we wanted to keep playing music or start to wind down. My husband said keep playing everyone is having fun but check back in about 30 minutes. 10 minutes later the dj said ok last song time to start packing up. My husband, me, my friends, and my parents were very upset!!! The next morning I found out that he did that because he wanted to go to our local bar....where one of my friends had gone and they were all over eachother. So our dj left to get a piece of a!!!!!! I am so beyond upset!!!!!!!!
    Posted by smrod88[/QUOTE]

Who was this DJ?  We are getting married this weekend and parted ways last night with our DJ last night due to poor communication and making changes without telling us.  Today we booked a new one, just curious if it might be the same DJ.
    62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n
  • We have always gone with Complete Music and will be again for my wedding.  every dj we had with them has always been awesome :) I hope they are for my wedding coming up.
  • I heard about this post and was VERY upset by smrod. This post is a complete and total lie! Ben is by far the best DJ that I have ever heard. He has done my wedding, my brother's wedding, AND one of my good friend's. He is incredibly professional and will bend over backwards to please you. As far as smrod's comments:

1. Ben was incredibly clear about having any videos on DVD format. It is not his fault if the bridal party did not follow his instructions.

2. I have read and signed his contract. It is not unlimited. The process that he followed with me was a 5 hour contract with the option at the end of the night to extend the time for a set price. If the bridal party wanted to go longer than the allotted time he would have been more than willing to continue. Why would he stop playing and fail to earn more money? It doesn't make any sense!

3. The last time that I spoke with Ben he was newly engaged- why would he have gone to the bar to hit on other girls. He was one of the happiest guys I've seen in a long time! Don't rag on someone's personal life when you don't truly know. It just makes you look naive and rude.

Please don't listen to this girl. She's angry and bitter that her wedding didn't go the way that she wanted for reasons that I don't know. Ben is an amazing DJ and you would be blessed to have him at your wedding!  To this day, I am still receiving comments on how wonderful Ben is and asking for his number. 

Sincerely,
    ONE VERY SATISFIED CUSTOMER

• I agree with comeyer.  Ben was a DJ at my wedding as well and I couldn't be happier with him!  We had a wedding that was alcohol free.  Ben was VERY respectful with my wishes and catered his performance accordingly. His contract for us was exactly as stated as above and he eagerly agreed to stay later when we requested it at the end of the night.  We went to a wedding 2 weeks after ours and the DJ wasn't half as good as Ben.  He is a wonderful DJ and I would HIGHLY recommend him to any/everyone looking for an amazing wedding night.  His DJ-ing helped to make my wedding a memorable, special night.  It wouldn't have been the same without him
  • Ben was the DJ at my son's wedding and just like the above two posts, I have nothing but good things to say about him. He was very professional, on time, straight forward, and completely and totally the best DJ that I have ever heard. smrod's comment on the contract is not true. He played for the amount of time we paid for and then asked if we would like him to continue. He then followed the contract for the extended period of time. He has my full confidence and I have recommended him for many different weddings and other gatherings. I promise that you will be pleased with his performance.

THE BEST HANDS DOWN

• smrod, don't worry sweetie ... it's obvious that DJ Ben Doll is full of it. 

Notice the posts after DJ BEN from "biz" "lamacc" and "comeyer" -- all three only had 1 post since they joined and it happens to defend him?  Also 2 out of the 3 are send 5 minutes apart (probably until he realized the comments were time stamped)

SMH!  Sorry you had such a bad time...

And as for DJ Ben ... give it up and let this just die out; take it as a learning experience.
  • Justin, you're being a little naieve aren't you?  If you read the comments with a little bit of critical thinking you'll see that the three of us are all different families but still friends.  The posts are all close together because we were all writing them at the same time!  We were not trying to hide this fact!  Ben started with my wedding and then I recommended him to the other weddings. 

It blows my mind that my lack of comments is a problem.  I consider it a plus.  I don't believe that it's approprate to trash talk people online.  It shows a serious lack of class and rudeness. I am proud to only stand up for people when they have been wronged.  I'm not going to stand aside and let people be bullied when I know that bullying is wrong.  Comments like this are only aimed to hurt someone else and do nothing other than cause pain.  I refuse to be a part of this culture because I consider myself a better person.  Stop the adult bullying and grow up!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards