Michigan-Lansing

Pink Apron

Has anyone heard of Pink Apron? They are a company that sells pots and pans and teaches cooking demonstrations to newley weds/couples. I saw them at a bridal show in Mt. Pleasant and registered with them. Well I got a call saying I wont a free 3 day/2night vacation to like one of 4 places and a couple other things, we just have to come to their Pink Apron Preview at a location in Mt. Pleasant and listen to a demonstration. So I know of like 3 or 4 other girls that got the same call and are going to the preview. I received an email confirmation talking about what we would be getting and there wasn't any fine print in it and the person on the phone says you don't have to buy anything. It sounds too good to be true, I'm just wondering if anyone else has gone to one of these previews?

Re: Pink Apron

• TiffaniLaineTiffaniLaine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I received the same thing and googled it, apparently its extreamly high pressure and just not a very comfortable situation.  We opted out of it.
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I've heard very bad reviews about them.  I got the same call after a bridal show and said thanks but no thanks.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to one little bridal show and I keep getting calls from places like this, telling me I've "won" something. Many of them I never even signed up for, and they refused to tell me how they got my information. I haven't gone to any of the "previews" but I'm pretty sure that's just their way to lure you to their event.

And as far as the free vacation, probably to somewhere in the Caribbean or something? Hotels and resorts will give away a couple free nights because they know people aren't going to want stay only 2 nights, so then people will pay for more nights at their hotel thinking they're getting a deal.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
  • edited December 2011
    Just wanted to let every know that we went last night. It wasn't bad at all! I wish we had the money for the pots and pans because they were awesome! We just had to come, sit through like a 90 min presentation, sample some food (which was really good). Then we went and got our prize pacakge, I told the guy if we had the extra money we would do it but couldnt' justify it right now, and he was ok with that, said he wasnt' going to twist our arm. And we left! We have to pay a $99 room tax and then the air fare to go down there. Theres like 6 different resorts to choose from. So just in case anyone gets this call, don't blow it off if you want a free trip (and two pink aprons).
  • edited December 2011
    Me and my fiance also sat through a presentation and they just cooked food for us that was awesome and super healthy for you. They gave us aprons and we actually bought some pots and pans. They are expensive but they have a double lifetime warranty on them so you have them for a lifetime and so do your kids or grandkids. The lady was super nice and funny. We thought it was a good experience and if you buy something u get 5 free cooking classes which are nice. I would recommend trying it. :)
  • nlittle06nlittle06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    do you know what the names of the resorts are? If so, would you be willing to tell me because I got the call too, but don't want to drive 2.5 hours away to go to this if it is not worth my time.... I am sure you felt the same way. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards