Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Photo Tour Timing

I am planning my wedding day timeline and want to make sure my guest are entertained while we do a photo tour.

Do the wedding guest go on the photo tour? If so, do you provide snacks on the party bus?

If not how do you transition between the ceremony and the reception? (we are having an in-suite reception)

LT

Re: Photo Tour Timing

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am inviting my guest to join us for the photo tour, I will have champagne for them inside the party bus.  after the tour we are going straight to the reception.having everyone together will make it easier for me , I hope that they would like to take their on pictures if not their will be music playing on the bus ,
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto what Shaq said, mine are coming with us for the photo tour, we are allocating 2.5-3 hrs for for it and I hope to have drinks on the bus for them.
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Same - we are having champagne, softdrinks and water on hand, I want to put out M&Ms in our colours as well. I have a carefully selected music playlist, and our bus has plasma screens and Nintendo Wii on it as well! If anyone is bored, well....!
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Is everyone allocating 2 1/2 - 3 hours for the photo tour? This seems like a really long time we are having our ceremony 4-7 will a photo tour be ok at 7? How long will it take for a 'quick' photo tour?? this has thrown me a bit!

• Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ended up doing our photo tour for about an hour and a half before the ceremony.  All of the guests were invited, but it ended up being mainly the WP and my family.  We only did two stops, though: Bellagio, Paris, then back to MB.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    ltbattsltbatts member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ladies this is really helpful! I was freaking out like what will they do.
    @ Gribbles which limo company are you using?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a cheese and deli tray and a veggie tray on the party bus along with cider (DH and I don't really drink). We got dropped off at Plazzo and the bus took everyone else down to the wynn. they ad 2.5 five hours to hang out there and then we met them got on the party bus and headed to the reception. I think a lot of people gambled, got drinks and just hung out while we were taking our photos.
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_photo-tour-timing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:74146ec1-2909-4993-ab82-58aa561cb58fPost:c158449c-2999-4f8b-a93c-d1cac76ad0a9">Re: Photo Tour Timing</a>:
    [QUOTE]@ Gribbles which limo company are you using?
    Posted by ltbatts[/QUOTE]

Hey ltbatts - I posted about it further down - I will copy and paste. It was quite expensive but it was a part of our day I didn't want to scrimp on. BTW - Our wedding ceremony is at 6 and our reception is at 9 - after photos on the chapel grounds we are doing our tour with Todd, so that will leave about 2.5 hours or so, maybe a bit less.

It is the limo in this music video - we hired it through NTS Limos.

<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IH8tNQAzSs&ob=av2e">www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IH8tNQAzSs&ob=av2e</a>">

<strong>Rate:</strong> $500 an hour excluding tax and gratuity. The guy we booked with gave us a 20% discount which basically meant waiving the extra $100/hour fees on top. 4 hours is a staggering $2000 but this is the main 'Vegas' element to our day, so I think it will be worth it.

<ul><li>11 Flat Screen T.V.'s </li><li>Wood Floor </li><li>3 Separate VIP Sections </li><li>45 Passenger Capacity  </li><li>Driver SAC - Security Aided Control with 4 Security Cameras </li><li>DVD Player </li><li>Neon Lights </li><li>CD Player </li><li>Strobe Lights </li><li>5,000 Watt Stereo System </li><li>Nintendo Wii </li></ul>
    It comes fully stocked with ice, water and softdrinks and it's Bring Your Own alcohol.
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards