Ohio-Columbus
Options

How much did you pay for your veil?

I am strugging with a veil. Are they all really expensive or am I just looking the wrong places? I only plan to wear the veil for the ceremony and it seems like such a waste of money...

Re: How much did you pay for your veil?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    160ish here... can you borrow one or look on the knot classifieds? Do you know someone who is a whiz with fabric, can she make you one?
  • Options
    shlittertootsshlittertoots member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at David's bridal for $50...but after my hair trial I changed my mind and I'm not wearing one.  It's a very simple style and falls about to my wrists.  It's still got the tags on...if you want to buy mine, let me know ($40?).  Otherwise, DB had a wide range for not too much $$.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Brandi143Brandi143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.occanseydesigns.com/

it turned out perfect.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Brit12Brit12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    There's a ton of people selling veils (all different kinds) on etsy for anywhere between $20 - $100 (some more)... but you can definitely find one within your budget. Also it's not that hard to make one, so if you or someone you know is crafty, look up a pattern online and you can get the material for cheap at joanne's.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to attempt to make one... tulle is ridiculously cheap; I can afford to mess up a several dozen times :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my veil for $16 plus shipping from etsy seller MARISOLAPARICIO.
    It is very, very simple - one tier, no fancy edge, sheer, but that is what I was looking for.  Definitely check out etsy, they are waaaay cheaper than a bridal store usually.  The seller I used has fancier veils too, if that is what you are looking for.
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No, custom made ones are freaking expensive. I am an out of state bride, so I didn't have much time to get one and I ended up getting mine the same place I got my dress (it was custom made) and it was $350. My Grandma paid for it, thank God and I know I am going to save it for our future daughter to hopefully wear some day.

I agree with pp's though. You can get some good deals on veils elsewhere unless you are making it yourself. If you are going to go the DIY route, I would check out the DIY board, those ladies over there are pretty crafty. And maybe post this on the attire and accessories board as well bc I know there are some more cheap veil websites, but I just can remember them right now....sorry
  • Options
    Freckles27Freckles27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found a lot of my stuff from WeddingMountain.com
    Granted I went for one that had a scalloped edge with crystals and beads (a little over $100), but they have lots more inexpensive.
  • Options
    BrittBritt22BrittBritt22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I completely overpaid for mine at Wendy's it was around $200 i think.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I paid $187 at Wendy's, but it was on the clearance rack....cathedral length...with crystals and beading on the edges.....so it would have cost that anywhere...it was $350 originally.
  • Options
    aldavisaldavis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $25 birdcage veil @ David's Bridal
    A
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiances mother is going to make mine for me so it will be pretty cheep.  if you know anyone who can sew you might want to ask if they can try and make you one because they have tule for really cheap even ones that have crystals on it.  My best friend bought one at Jo Anns for $20 it was plain but it worked for the ceremony.
  • Options
    mjc468mjc468 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $20 at European Bridal in cincy..they were having a $20 veil side walk sale and my mom got it for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine on etsy - abusymother i think was the name. She did a great job and was very reasonable. She can do anything you want from very fancy to very simple.
  • Options
    starjan97starjan97 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I turned my shall from wedding dress into a veil.  It matched perfectly! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards