Kentucky

Finding a place for reception & ceremony - getting hard!

My honey and I are basically paying for our whole wedding ourselves, therefore, I can't spend a lot of money on the place of the wedding & reception, but I really want them to be relativly close in location. Any ideas?

Re: Finding a place for reception & ceremony - getting hard!

• tinabean00tinabean00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To even think about giving you any ideas we need a place, I assume you're in KY, but where, it's a fairly big place here.  Also, we'd need a price point....are you crunched as in $100 for both or like $1000 for both?
    Just need a little more info before anyone can help you
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I would love to help....are you staying central....are you looking for a religious venue for the ceremony....how many guests are you looking at.....have you chosen a theme.....
    whew!
  • NoetholaNoethola member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look at local parks and historic homes. Mine is coming out to $100 an hour rental fee for 150-200 people. I am in Northern KY. The local parks were even less expensive.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    "Elsie was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."
  • edited December 2011
    I understand what you are going through!  I live in the most western part of KY, and with a very limited budget, it is becoming hard.  I know that around this part of kentucky there is a lot af places around the lake that offers venues, and they are not too exspensive.  The draw back is you have to cater anything through them, which adds up fast. 
  • ambi083ambi083 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check places owned by the city/state, there was a beautiful pavillion with full kitchen and grounds and gazebo here in Wilmore at high bridge where we were going to do both for less than $200 and we would have had it from 8 am to 11 pm.
    Ready to get married on our 5th (dating) year anniversary!
  • ldwelchldwelch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure where you are - but I picked the Cardome Center in Georgetown - the old chapel with pews removed allow you to purpose the space as you wish.  With 4000 square feet I can hold both ceremony and reception.
     They have chairs and tables too.  They do not charge per hour - flat fee gets you 9 to midnight with easy access prior to the event for meeting with professionals and planning.

State owned historic property - Berry Hill in Frankfort - has great appeal - its prices fluctuate also with the wedding season.  So you could get a steal at the right time of year -   It has tables and chairs available too.   hours are limited.  access is by appt but doable.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the High Bridge tip! We are looking into it for our September wedding and I really like that the playground is close for kids attending. I also think there could be some very beautiful pictures.
  • edited December 2011

Berry Hill mansion is beautiful, the music room is fabulous and there are recessed wiindows that make a gorgeous cake area. also a gazebo on the grounds.

Also, I love Elk Creek Winery north of Frankfort. There are rooms on site or you can rent the lodge for your bridal party. We stayed there for Valentines day and the chef was awesome.

• Sparke859Sparke859 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my bridesmaids is getting married in October. Her ceremony and reception are in the same place. It is all the way out in Jackson county but its only $300 and you get full access to everything!! I will find out the name for you if you like.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards