Favors

Cheap, DIY Ideas?

Does anyone have any good ideas for cheap, DIY favors? The ones I'm looking at are $29 for 60, and personalized. So I'm looking for something to beat that price and not be a huge undertaking.

The wedding theme is natural (the favors I'm looking at right now are wildflower seeds). I like the idea of something unusual or quirky as well.

Re: Cheap, DIY Ideas?

• Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What if you bought big bags of flower seeds from a store and then put them into smaller pouches in your wedding colors or something.  I know stores like Michaels carry different colors of small mesh pouches and they always have coupons.  Then you could make cards that say whatever you want and you could put directions for the seeds on the back of the card or something.  You have a cute idea, but I'm sure you can make it cheaper. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    That's true, and thanks. I also asked this in DIY and one girl described something similar to that. I might do that!
  • edited December 2011
    yea - then you could personalize it with ribbon & your date and stuff. :)
    Photobucket
  • rccola1981rccola1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you could also get the little terra cotta plants and give individual flowers or other plants
    "I said what I meant and I meant what I said, an elephant's faithful 100%" Dr. Seuss, Horton Hatches The Egg. My Ovulation Chart Ttc buddies with LexiMS!
  • edited December 2011
    my DIY favor is simple and i think they are cute..... i hot glued the small end of a mini resses cup to the bottom of a hershey kiss and put tule over top and made them into flowers, they look like tulips... i am putting a tag on each one, with our wedding date and names in one side and on the other it is going to say " tulips to kiss" it is kinda odd but it suits us
  • edited December 2011
    You can find a wide selection of flower seeds and OTHER types of seeds at feed stores (if you live in a place that has them).  Generally, even around the outskirts of a big city you can find a feed store.  They sell their seeds in bulk for dirt cheap. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards