Moms and Maids

Bridesmaid Help!

Yikes I see I am not the only one here with the same issue! I hope you guys can make it through this post! sorry if it is long!

I have read everything out there about the pros and cons of bridesmaids and how you should choose them! I would like to think I have made my decision but, it turns out I keep talking about it!

I would like to make a decision and think about it awhile before I actually ask them!
FH has asked four men! but even numbers does not matter to us!

Best friend: We have not been as close over the last couple of years, but when we get together its like nothing ever changed. I have already mentioned to her about being the MOH! (spoke to soon with excitement) Which I am regretting now. I have tried several times in the last couple weeks to get together with her, but she does not pay her phone bill! and than tells me to figure it out! I do not approve with the relationship she is in and she is not happy and is only sticking around because it keeps a roof over her head even though he treats her like crap! He is double her age and I can only help her so much!  I love this girl but deep down I do not know if she will be reliable and I am not liking the attitude that I got from her when trying to get together! I would also like to mention she has not showed any excitement about me being engaged! and she has never been or planned a wedding before! 

FSIL 1: No questions asked! She has offered her help and has planned her own wedding in the same city! I can not wait to ask her. She had me do something in her wedding, and had me be there during her getting ready and in the limo etc  

FSIL 2: I am really undecided!!!!! I know FH would like her and me somewhat aswell
but she just does not seem excited! We have had falling outs but we do get along. She did nothing to include me in her destination wedding! she had three BM he had 4 GM and I recall her not even talking more than 5 words the whole week to me. Not even a thank you when we  were the only ones who gave them a card to say congrats on the wedding day! (I hold a grudge) Maybe this would make us closer?
My sister: WE ARE NOT CLOSE and until I was engaged and she told me she was jealous of me, we did not even talk! ( I wrote her off)She did have a part in setting us up but to me that does not mean a thing at all! She is VERY high maintenance and likes trying to get all the attention which scares me alot! She is trying really hard right now but annoying me at the same time. Example: Wedding fair is comming in a couple weeks and she called me up to ask if I was going. I said I was. She than asked who was I going with I said FMIL and Mom FH and I, and FH best man. She than asks if she can come and I said I was just trying to keep it to the moms. She than freaked out like she always does. Which made me say well i'll think about it(there is gonna be another one before I am married so I stuck to my first decision). I ran into her not even 24 hours later and she asked me again. 

another example is she said she is gonna throw me a sister congrats party! which to me sounded like a mix between a stagette and a shower. I do not want this! I thinks its another way to make her get attention. I also do not know if I believe it. She is the type to make up stories and really good at it. She's the women who cryed wolf one to many times in my eyes. So I was gonna wait and see if I heard anything else.

EEEEK. She is already asking what my flowers are and I do not even have my venue yet! OMG If I choose FSIL's and not her I better elope cause I know its gonna be a big problem!

Freind 1: She has helped me alot and has very good advice. I do not have to much to say about her. I do think she could help alot and she would be there for me. When I found out FH was looking at rings etc I contacted her right away she was so exited. I have confided alot in her since my BFF and I have not been as close. We have only knowen each other for over a year but right now she's my best friend. I am leaning towards her being my MOH but than I think about relationships down the road......? 

Friend 2: Very busy lady but we get along so well and she was so ecstatic for us. I also told her about the ring shopping. She has told me if I do not choose her she is going to be there either way. This made me feel really good and I would love that she has so much advice for venues etc there is only one catch..... she is planning on getting married in May of 2012 and I am getting married in Oct 2011.
She has a lot of information as she works in the business but we also have not been friends for that long. I am thinking about asking her to be my day of coordinator.
I hope you made it through this.. I really need some great advice to make up my mind
Also if you have any advice on what I can for the one who does not make the cut I just do not want to give her a filler job cause these ladies are all important to me smile
I know people do not have to show excitement because it is our wedding but what I mean by this is they have showed interest in helping plan!

Re: Bridesmaid Help!

• edited December 2011
    Wait until next October before you start thinking about who you want in your wedding party. A lot can change in 2 years.

• edited December 2011
    You are young and relationships change.  Waiting is easier than regretting.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards