Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

extensions.........Smart and Chic

So, I believe read that Smart and Chic hairstylists will put in extensions for an additional cost. Has anyone done this?  And if so, do they put in clip on extensions or only the glued in ones?  I wouldn't want them to fall out....how the heck do they stay in?? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: extensions.........Smart and Chic

• edited December 2011
    I wouldn't recommend getting them glued in, they itch like crazy! I used a pen to scratch my scalp constantly. You can't really wear your hair up with the glue on ones, but from the look of your bio, it looks like you are wearing your hair down or half up. I like clip on ones because you can remove them and only wear them when you want. They definitely last longer than when you wear them all the time. If you have Smart and Chic put in clip on ones, they will put them in good enough where they won't fall out (by back combing). The other way that I would recommend getting hair extensions is this new kind of way that "tapes" them to your hair, not your scalp. so you can put your hair all the way up and there is minimal damage when you remove them. I haven't had those but my friend (who is a hair stylist) did and she loved them. When I took my glued ones out, 1/3 of my hair was pulled out, not good! HTH, let me know if you have other questions, I've had sewn in ones too.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • LinzstyleLinzstyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome...thank you!  I knew you were the one who had them, and I remember seeing pics.  I was at Sally Beauty supply today looking and just got so overwhelmed and confused!  I just don't want them to fall out....and want them to look real obviously.  Are they fairly easy to take out after?  So...did you do the clips or you've only done the glue in, but reccommend the clips?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I have had them glued in, sewn in, and clip ons. So far I like clip on ones the best. I bought the hair and sewed them on the clips myself. I would recommend just buying them already on the clips, they make them perfectly portioned and give you a guide on where to put them in.  They are really easy to put in and only take a minute to take out.

The major difference to me (besides the discomfort of the glue on ones) is that you can't take them out when you shower so they are harder to maintain and when your hair is wet with extensions, it takes FOREVER to blow dry and you have to style them everyday no matter what, that got old for me. I only use the clip on ones when I'm going out and you don't need to wash them everytime you use them and I keep mine curled so I only have to curl real hair. I need to get new ones though, I've dyed mine too many times because I change my hair color so much haha.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Veijes .  I've had them in every which way too.  I like the clip in ones  the best, you can put them in whenever and don't have to deal with the annoyance of other ones, like the itching, taking forever to do your hair etc.  Your hair is long enough where clip ins will work just fine, and your stylist should know how to work with them and they def. should not come loose, mine never have.  When I have worn the clip ins, I sometimes got a headache, but even when wearing a headband that can happen too.  I would say if you get the glued in ones, obviously the more expensive ones will be better, like Great Lengths.  You can get clip in ones for about $100 at Sonny's in Uptown.  That's a good place to get any extension hair.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards