Not Engaged Yet

It's Wednesday- can we do something fun?

SB is doing this and I can't believe how many times I've laughed out loud.

What's the drunkest you've ever been?

Lurkers- come out and tell your drunken stories!

Re: It's Wednesday- can we do something fun?

• MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never been drunk. I rarely drink.
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • run21run21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OH man... where to start... Not that I'm a lush, just that I've found the line between fine and totally sh*t-faced keeps moving as a I get older. (If you haven't hit mid/late 20's yet, be prepared!)

There was the incident in front of the US Cap building with the guy I was dating at the time. Rated PG but still... Not the best plan. Cameras everywhere. Oh and it was 3 AM. Great time to be hanging out there.

And I've just realized the list is too long to type out... Yeah, I make my dad proud.

Check out textsfromlastnight.com. Go to "Best". They are a riot!
  • run21run21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And about that line - I'm serious. 2 drinks, totally fine. 3 drinks, falling over in the bushes. Getting old sucks.
  • edited December 2011
    I have only been drunk a handful of times and completely sh!tfaced once.
    My worst was Easter 2009 we had Soco shots at my friends house and I was taking it like a champ. The last thing I remember is laying on the couch with one of my male friends holding hands and watching Old School. Apparently after that, I puked all over myself, used the "red towels" (which are to be decoration only!!), cried, and told my friend how much I disliked his barely 18 year old girlfriend (who cheated on her x with friend. Cheated on friend with x, and is now back with friend...guh). I also "re-ate" the kielbasa I had thrown up and FI kept saying "No baby, don't eat the kielbasa."

That was the only time I was actually "bad" and FI and friends still make fun of me for it.
    imageimageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Let's see... there was the time my freshman year in college where I decided I liked a little raspberry Smirnov in my Sprite... then a little more vodka... then a lot of vodka... until I was drinking it straight from the bottle!  My friends had to physically pull it from me and hide it.  The following morning was epically painful.

Or when I was out in Los Angeles visiting a friend, and was watching the Patriots lose the Super Bowl to the Giants after their perfect season... and I decided to drown my sorrows in a bottle of whiskey.  And then had to take a 6am flight to get back home to DC.  I am proud to say I did not puke.

Then a few months ago, we were on a cruise, and went to the art show for the free champagne.  Then at dinner, we split a bottle of wine.  Then after dinner I had another glass of wine, and I don't remember anything after that!  It was so sudden and so complete (and I've never blacked out before in my life) that I almost think I was drugged.  Luckily I was with my boyfriend and he took good care of me.  I apparently decided I wanted to go swimming, so I ran down the stairs (fell twice, but didn't break anything) to get to our cabin, changed myself into a swimsuit all by myself, and marched upstairs again to go swimming.  My boyfriend went to get me some water, and when he came back, I was hunched over the side of the boat puking.  Classy... I feel terrible for the people on the balconies below!!!  Then he took me back to the room, where I snapped the lid off the toilet as I worshipped the porcelain gods.  The following morning wasn't quite as terrible as I would have expected, but it wasn't all that fun!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I was once blitzed on margaritas when I went out to dinner with some friends and told the black lady with dreads at the next table that I "loved her in Ghost."
  • breezerbbreezerb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh god, I can't even start... let's just say I have lived my drunken life to the fullest?

The one thing I am truly most surprised about is that I haven't drown yet... Almost every time I have gotten REALLY drunk, my favourite thing to do is have a bath... and almost every time I have woken up in freezing cold bath water with my head resting on the side of the tub...

OOOHHH and I love milk when I am drunk... which is probably the grossest thing but I find it coats my stomach (kinda like pepto bismol?)... when I was younger my mom always said she knew when I had been drinking because I would drink a full bag of milk and leave the empty container on the counter...
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

*No pony, no I do!*
  • run21run21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GPB I love you.

Once went out for birthday margaritas with a friend, then followed that with a bottle of wine on my balcony. I went back in for a second bottle but never came back out. My friend came back to find me naked on my bed moaning. He brought me a shoe box (cardboard) in case I threw up and then he went home.

Same friend, different birthday. I tried not to die in the back of a cab. Do you know how many circles there are in DC? Not fun speeding in a cab that smells like feet after a bunch of drinks. Anyway... I get up to the guest room and think I'm going to be sick. Friend gives me a wastebasket to throw up in. It's wicker. Bad move. So he gets Resolve for the carpet (light beige carpet, red beverages) and runs back downstairs. He comes back up to find me sitting in a mound of Resolve foam, not quite sure what to do. Turns out he was going to get towels. Best part - next morning can't find my wallet. Swear i left it in the cab, so I cancel all my credit cards (including my work AmEx - try explaining that.) Friend buys new sheets for the bed that day and we take off the old ones to put new ones on. Wallet is in the bed. Took it with me for safe keeping.
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_its-wednesday-can-something-fun?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:d1eb950c-7eca-433b-bfa0-893ae1b6dff1Post:8bf5e162-ef43-49e7-a825-b8b783994fe9">Re: It's Wednesday- can we do something fun?</a>:
    [QUOTE]And about that line - I'm serious. 2 drinks, totally fine. 3 drinks, falling over in the bushes. Getting old sucks.
    Posted by run21[/QUOTE]

The difference in the amount I've been able to drink has changed so much in 2 years even (and I'm still so young!).

Although I have that line as well! 5 coolers, and I'm drunk-ish but fine. 6 coolers and I won't remember some things. I find that bizarre. So at my worst for drinking these days, I don't go over 6. No, that's a lie I had 7 a couple weeks ago.

My firsty year in university in residence was the worst. I don't know how I survived. I nearly finished a 26er of vodka by myself at a party one night. Don't play flip cup with vodka. It's a bad idea. I remember texting a friend at 10pm. I then woke up at 10am. I literally remember nothing in between. Apparently I fell down a flight of stairs. I had a killer headache and a huge goose egg. But I was in my own bed (alone) and I was dressed. Although nobody remembers me puking that night, so that's a plus.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_its-wednesday-can-something-fun?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:d1eb950c-7eca-433b-bfa0-893ae1b6dff1Post:ed658547-3c2d-432a-b97a-ff772b58c327">Re: It's Wednesday- can we do something fun?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was once blitzed on margaritas when I went out to dinner with some friends and<strong> told the black lady with dreads at the next table that I "loved her in Ghost ."
    </strong>Posted by GreenPepperBurger[/QUOTE]

BAHAHAHAHAA!! My office is...was...so quiet before hearing this.
    imageimageimageimage
  • LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_its-wednesday-can-something-fun?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:d1eb950c-7eca-433b-bfa0-893ae1b6dff1Post:ed658547-3c2d-432a-b97a-ff772b58c327">Re: It's Wednesday- can we do something fun?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was once blitzed on margaritas when I went out to dinner with some friends and told the black lady with dreads at the next table that I "loved her in Ghost ."
    Posted by GreenPepperBurger[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA! There goes my iced coffee all over the screen!

One time I drank a whole handle of parrot bay straight and blacked out on the way home. We were getting directions from a friend (NO I was not driving) and I remember saying "I see you Brian, your in that house I see you!!" And also "Pond Street!" which was the street I was looking for.

The latest time I was at a red sox game. I was mixing too many beers and margaritas. On the way home we were in a jeep with the cover off and I started hanging out of the jeep yelling "Bed, Bath and Beyond!" to everyone on the street. I worked there at the time and we had to drive by it to get home. I was then bugging the guy we went with so BF finally said "Hey why don't you talk a nap?" and I went "Okay!" then immediately fell asleep for the rest of the ride. They still won't let me live it down!
    friends tv show funy
  • edited December 2011

A few months ago my brother got a job on a movie so we went out to celebrate at Hofbrauhaus. I had 2 litre's of beer on an empty stomach. First I decided that I was going to go "make friends" so I started talking to one of the bouncers Andy, when he told me his name was Andy I freaked out and I screamed "ARE YOU ANDY FROM TOY STORY!" Then his friend another bouncer came over, I noticed that he had a crew cut so I made him bend over while I pet his head for about 10 min. Next I went back to my table and made our waiter tap dance with me. On the way home I freaked out every 10 min because I thought we left my brother at the bar but he just went home with other people. My boyfriend is a SAINT for putting up with this.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh wow...you sure you want drunk stories?  I did live in Newfoundland for 4 years...that's a whole shyt storm of it's own.

Let me see...I'll give you a good one...
    First time I got drunk was at my going away party (when I was leaving for university).  I drank 8 beer, 1 pint of vodka and 2 shots of tequila.  Needless to say...I was SICK.  I slept in the backseat of my car.  There is STILL a stain from where I threw up on the pavement (6 years later.)

Another time my friends came to visit me in residence.  The day they left was the day we had our "house day" where you go get drunk and celebrate your "house"(residence).  So we went to a bar...and there was $1 beer...and only 12 people there.  It was pretty epic and i don't remember much except that my friends called as I was on the way home and they said their flight was cancelled.  When they got back to residence I was sitting in the doorway waiting.  I opened the door, puked a little puddle (like the size of a dessert plate) and then said "OMG YOU'RE BACK!!"  They proceeded to put me to bed...which didn't last long.  I heard people in the hallway so I RAN out and ran around drunk with them for a while. Until I was told to go back to bed...again.

Part way thru the evening my friend, Moose, came in.  He threw open the door and screamed "PAIGE! GET THE EFF UP YOU ASSHOLE! DRINK MORE"  I sat up, told him to "eff off" and that he was "effing drunk".  He then passed out.  Literally, right there on my floor.  And stayed the rest of the night...on the floor.  I got up to get more drinks and stepped on him.  He didn't move.  I was too durnk to care. 

I spent the rest of the night wandering around from room to room drinking with various people.  Until I went to bed (at 1 am) then at 4 am I woke up and told my friends "I SEE ST JOHNS!!"  I was pumped b/c I could see the city thru the fog....but they didn't get it and saw it as drunk rambling.

No, I wasn't hung over.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I think my worst was New Years Eve about 5 years ago. My best friend, J,  and I spent NYE with my bf and his buddies. J and I decided that instead of beer, we were going to be classy and drink wine, after consuming a few beers. So we walked to the store and bought 3 bottles of red wine.

We figured everyone would want some too. Well no one did... we each drank 1 1/2 bottles of wine. I vaguely remember bits of the night, such as running barefoot around the block yelling "Happy New Year" and making snow-angels in the grass (there was no snow... we were in sunny San Diego).

Apparently after making "grass" angels, I was itchy from the grass so I took a shower and fell getting out of it. I ended up bashing my knee on the lip of the tub and refused to use ice for it.. I would only use a bag of frozen peas. Needless to say the next morning, I wanted to die.

And to make things worse, it was the first time I had met my bf's friends from high school and they thought I was a complete lush/psycho.
    ♥ Couldn't Ask For More... Wouldn't Settle For Less ♥ Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hilarious! I love this thread!

My first frat party I got entirely too wasted on Natural Light (worst.beer.ever) and was making an idiot of myself on the dance floor. (read: dancing like a stripper and making out with any boy within reach. ew.) Eventually I ended up throwing up in the worst possible place -- the guys' dining area. I ruined a ginormous box of hot dog buns, as well as any carpet within a ten foot radius. Somehow I was still always welcome at this frat house and remained good friends with a lot of those guys, which just goes to show that guys have very different standards than girls. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• deburnindeburnin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't usually drink. It takes only two drinks for me to be feeling it. Only time I've gone overboard (it's not funny, sorry!) was when BF and I broke up (it was for like 3 months). We were still living together at school before graduation and he decided to throw a party at the apartment. I learned very quickly that alcohol is NOT the way to make yourself feel better which seems like an obvious lesson to know... Not only was I still massively heartbroken the next morning, but I felt like I like crap thanks to the hang over. Worst idea ever.
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    LOL Paige, I can totally picture it! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_its-wednesday-can-something-fun?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d1eb950c-7eca-433b-bfa0-893ae1b6dff1Post:4daafaea-a314-4f1f-99fd-e6451e9de880">Re: It's Wednesday- can we do something fun?</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOL Paige, I can totally picture it! 
    Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm pretty epic like that! LOL</div><div>
    </div><div>I have SO MANY stories.  It's not even funny how much trouble I get into while drinking.  And I'm usually the "responsible" one!!!</div>

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • run21run21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_its-wednesday-can-something-fun?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:d1eb950c-7eca-433b-bfa0-893ae1b6dff1Post:6e36c7d2-9d45-4525-a65c-6fb9e04f2a82">Re: It's Wednesday- can we do something fun?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think my worst was New Years Eve about 5 years ago. .
    Posted by StarGazingHiker[/QUOTE]

That's all it took to bring back a NYE party several years ago. I was drinking with the host's grandma (she's awesome) while we were setting up. I was drunk before most of the guests got there and ended up passing out in the coat room. Yup. I was "that girl". Until everyone decided to get naked and get in the hot tub. All of a sudden I was totally revived.
  • Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Paige - Did you go to Memorial?
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_its-wednesday-can-something-fun?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d1eb950c-7eca-433b-bfa0-893ae1b6dff1Post:76936afa-b3f5-4bd8-b806-4a2d82600159">Re: It's Wednesday- can we do something fun?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Paige - Did you go to Memorial?
    Posted by Hazel_B[/QUOTE]

<div>DID I EVER!!!!! I <3 MUN!!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Yes, yes I did.  lol</div>

Murried Bio
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Paige, I love drunk newfie stories! I have a few friends from Newfieland and they always have the best drinking stories.

Ontario does not. And I go to Western and with our rep as the partying school, I should really have more.

edited December 2011
    Well I don't know what kind of a rep MUN has now a days...but it was definitely a party school when I went!  However, I will point out that we only partied hard after class...mostly. 

I lurve me some Newfies! One of my best friends is from Labrador (yes, that's still a Newf!) and he is the FUNNIEST person I have ever met.

Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011

I've have a few drunken times in Ontario. Once a friend spent over $300 on his tab and FI has been kicked out of every club on Ouellette Ave...Now that's something to tell the kids.

imageimageimageimage
  • breezerbbreezerb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want to go drinking with Paige! Newfie style!

Wait... does that mean I have to "kiss the cod"?
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

*No pony, no I do!*
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_its-wednesday-can-something-fun?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d1eb950c-7eca-433b-bfa0-893ae1b6dff1Post:66ea2ed9-c444-4986-9791-240b11835470">Re: It's Wednesday- can we do something fun?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh god, I can't even start... let's just say I have lived my drunken life to the fullest? The one thing I am truly most surprised about is that I haven't drown yet... Almost every time I have gotten REALLY drunk, my favourite thing to do is have a bath... and almost every time I have woken up in freezing cold bath water with my head resting on the side of the tub... <strong>OOOHHH and I love milk when I am drunk... which is probably the grossest thing but I find it coats my stomach (kinda like pepto bismol?)... when I was younger my mom always said she knew when I had been drinking because I would drink a full bag of milk and leave the empty container on the counter...</strong>
    Posted by breezerb[/QUOTE]

I think that milk and alcohol would make my stomach feel worse... the thought is making my stomach turn.  Also, your milk is in bags... ?  I've never seen bagged milk except for expressed breast milk and I really hope that isn't what you were drinking!

Sophomore year of college, Spring quarter.  Greek week and midterms were the same week (greek counsel planning epic failure).  I went to the bar for a an auction and cheap drinks.  I don't remember coming home that night but apparently myself and a couple of my "sisters" walked home with some of the guys from he fraternity next door my roommate was dating the president and I was actually dating a guy from that house as well (but my then BF was working all night on a project that was due the next day).  Right in front of the house I tripped ont he sidewalk and bit it hard... my shoe went flying into the bush and I wiped out on the sidewalk.  I had a huge scrape on my arm/elbow so the guys took me inside and washed me arm and then called my BF at the time and we all left him a hilarious voicemail about how I "got into a fight with the sidewalk and it won".  The next day I had a Psych 3 midterm at 11am.  I was soooo hungover , maybe even still drunk!  I didn't throw up but I did dry heaved in a garbage can right before walking into the exam and then I spilled the bottle of water that I took with me all over the desk and scantron sheet and had to get another.  When I was done and turn in my exam the professor snickered and shook her head.... SHAME!  I later discovered a 193 dollar tab from that night... apparently the beers were cheap but I was drinking and buying liquor!

Thankfully I was actually interested in Psych and still managed to get a C on the midterm and had A's on all of my other exams and the final and ended up with the lowest A possible at the end of the quarter... whew!

Oh and I am with you ladies on the tolerance change with age... man I've ended up really drunk by surprise a few times!  I thought it was just from being a mom and not getting to partake in adult beverages much but maybe I'm just getting old... :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_its-wednesday-can-something-fun?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:d1eb950c-7eca-433b-bfa0-893ae1b6dff1Post:a29ada19-7368-40e8-b1da-f6966847d2cb">Re: It's Wednesday- can we do something fun?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Wednesday- can we do something fun? : I think that milk and alcohol would make my stomach feel worse... the thought is making my stomach turn.  Also, your milk is in bags... ?  I've never seen bagged milk except for expressed breast milk and I really hope that isn't what you were drinking! Posted by dwest2201[/QUOTE]

My milk comes in bags..? Is this a Canadian thing again?

I honestly think every university is a party school. You just need to find or stay away from the parties to change your experience of it.

I don't like getting drunk anymore actually. I have a few stories from first year, but I think I outgrew it quickly... I really only drink socially now. And I pretty much just stick to coolers and beer. I'm learning my limits.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_its-wednesday-can-something-fun?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d1eb950c-7eca-433b-bfa0-893ae1b6dff1Post:1a0f5ee2-76a1-4dec-a0b0-caf30b471630">Re: It's Wednesday- can we do something fun?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want to go drinking with Paige! Newfie style! Wait... does that mean I have to "kiss the cod"?
    Posted by breezerb[/QUOTE]

<div>bahahaha! Kissing the cod is hilarious!! You literally kiss a cod.  It goes along with getting screeched in.  </div><div>
    </div><div>To be considered a Newfie (unoffical Newfie) you need to be screeched in.  Which is kissing a cod, then taking a shot of screech (<a style="text-decoration:none;font-weight:normal;color:#1f1f1f;" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newfoundland_Screech">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newfoundland_Screech</a>), and then the Newfie will ask "Are you a Newf?"  And you say " 'deed I is, me old cawk.  Long may yer big jib draw!"  If you mess it up...you take another shot!! If you do it at Trapper John's on George Street then you get a certificate too. </div>

Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_its-wednesday-can-something-fun?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d1eb950c-7eca-433b-bfa0-893ae1b6dff1Post:d4b32338-ed7d-457a-a660-b1f8ed78defd">Re: It's Wednesday- can we do something fun?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Wednesday- can we do something fun? : My milk comes in bags..? Is this a Canadian thing again? I honestly think every university is a party school. You just need to find or stay away from the parties to change your experience of it. I don't like getting drunk anymore actually. I have a few stories from first year, but I think I outgrew it quickly... I really only drink socially now. And I pretty much just stick to coolers and beer. I'm learning my limits.
    Posted by heyimbren[/QUOTE]

Maybe... I've only seen it in plastic jugs (no pun intended) or cardboard-ish cartons.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Milk in bags is a Canadian thing?!

Random.

Just for the record...I hate milk in bags.  4L jugs or NOTHIN'!

Murried Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards