• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
October 2010 Weddings

Poll: The weather and your wedding day!

I apologize if this has been done already on the board, but I was curious how many of us got sun vs. clouds or rain. 

To my knowledge, with the exception of Oct. 1st, I am pretty sure just about every weekend day in my area was gorgeous (although I can't personally vouch for 10/8-10/10 as we were still in Aruba) :-P 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Dx w/PCOS 3/2011 | BFP 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12
Dx w/IUGR 1/31/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks
Anniversary
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
image image image

Re: Poll: The weather and your wedding day!

• I'm also interested to know if people's actual weather matched the extended forecasts. I took screen shots on my phone each day so I can make prints of some and scrapbook them and show the ups and downs each day as it went from 75 to 57 to 65, etc. Toward the end, though, it was consistently saying 64 to 67 and sunny, and that's exactly what we got!
  • edited November 2010
    I couldnt choose a poll answer, because we had SNOW!!!! Tons and Tons of snow!

the forecast had bounced around like crazy. from rainy with a high of 62 to sunny with a high of 46. what we got was snowy/drizzly with a high of about 43. 

I was in upstate NY (about 4 hours from you, Carrie) and we had 6 inches the day before, and then light snow and some drizzles on the day of the wedding itself. I was REALLY glad that our ceremony was in a covered (although not completely inside) location. We definitely were also glad that we had rented some heaters to use in that space. 

I wasnt cold at all, but i saw people all wrapped up in their scarves and stuff, so my guess is that it was relatively chilly (if you were not an excited bride!)
    http://www.mywedding.com/lynnieandandy
    october '10 siggy: Early Pic of me and FI (not the first.....)
    image Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The high on our wedding day was 77 and sunny.  The average high is 64 and the forecast on Tuesday before the wedding has 68 and sunny.

It was nicer for our wedding 10/16 than SIL's wedding last July (same area, but high was 70 and it was overcast!)!

• Cooooold and windy and rainy on our wedding day!!

J
    Jacki and Wes ~ 10.2.10
    Perfect love drives out fear.
  • We were so lucky! 10.30... it rained alllll week and saturday day of was a little chilly but good weather!
  • Sorry Lynnie!  I didn't even consider the possibility of snow...lol  I now recall your FB updates!  That is so crazy...but I believe it!  I went to college in upstate NY (Alfred University) so I do remember the days of snow in early October! 

Our day was pretty much perfect...sunny with a high of 66 I think.  People STILL comment to us on how perfect the weather was! 

I am sorry you had rain Jacki! :-(

Anniversary
    image image image
  • Rain, and more rain. With lots of wind thrown in for good measure.  (We were October 1st.)

PS Carrie - I was snooping through your bio, and my friend is married to your groomsman, Matt. Such a small world!
    Erica & Alan
    October 1, 2010

• We had absolutely perfect weather.  It poured the week before, but was sunny and clear on our wedding day. :)
    Maureen & Jonathan - Married 10-9-10 | Expecting our first child 05-04-13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to Re: Poll: The weather and your wedding day!:
    Rain, and more rain. With lots of wind thrown in for good measure.  (We were October 1st.) PS Carrie - I was snooping through your bio, and my friend is married to your groomsman, Matt. Such a small world!
    Posted by ead1975
    OMG how funny!  We actually just had dinner at Matt & Nicole's last night!  Small world indeed!  She actually missed our RD because she had a wedding to go to in Boston on the 1st...was it yours? 
    Anniversary
    image image image
  • Carrie - yup that was it!  Too funny.
    Erica & Alan
    October 1, 2010

Carrie - yup that was it!  Too funny.
    Posted by ead1975
    OMG...hysterical! 
    Anniversary
    image image image
  • i think our high was 85, it was sunny with some beautiful clouds and a gorgeous clear night! We couldn't have asked for anything better...the day after (10/10) was windy and a little rainy so I'm glad we went with 10/9/10, and we didn't need a tent! yay!
  • Ours started out sunny but got cloudy later on in the day. It didn't rain until late at night and it rained all day and was cold the next day. Plus we moved the day after that and it was sunny - we really lucked out!
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • I woke up to pouring rain and was so thankful that I had taken my dress to the church the night before. It continued to rain until about 10:00 when I left to go get my make-up done and then it was starting to clear up and actually got rather warm. We had another short stint ofshowers while we were off taking pictures but for the most part it was perfect! DH and I should have lots of luck in our marriage from all the rain that morning!
    23 Weeks and Counting!

Visit The Nest!
    Anniversary
  • It was sunny. I don't know about gorgeous. It was 90 degrees! the following weekend was very rainy, but the weekend after (23rd/24th) was perfect. That's October in LA!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • It was perfect weather on the 10th! I was so worried to because it had been rainging off and on the days before the wedding.
  • It was cold all morning, but the sun came out and warmed us up just in time for the wedding march! It was a wedding miracle!
    Danielle & Anthony 10~31~10
    Our Photo Book!
    Anniversary
  • It poured...We also got married on 10/1 and thanks to tropical storm Nicole....we had rain :(
    We had a lot of umbrella pics
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Ours started out sunny but got cloudy later on in the day. It didn't rain until late at night and it rained all day and was cold the next day. Plus we moved the day after that and it was sunny - we really lucked out!
    Posted by Blondnette

Same (obviously, haha)! We were up on the roof of our venue taking pictures right afte rthe ceremony at about 6:30, and I started feeling rain drops. Thankfully everything was inside, and it didn't end up truely raining until late late late (after everyone was safely in bed)!

Getting all our stuff from the venue in the rain, and then having the van we were using BREAK DOWN, was definitely a pain the next day! :(

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• Ours was partly sunny. No rain. We did have wind gusts of 20 - 30 mph all day. Luckily everything important was inside and we still got a bunch of pics outside.

A few days before the wedding our forecast was predicting rain for our day. I called my Aunt and asked her to take care of the rain for me. She said, "I'll put in a word with the man upstairs, consider it done." It worked!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We were sooo lucky...the day before and after the wedding it rained almost all day.  For our day it was about 60 and sunny.  Couldn't have asked for anything better!
    ~ K & S ~ 10.01.10 MyBio Photobucket
  • I honestly could't have asked for better weather.  I think all my "no rain" vibes were a little strong because we ended up not seeing rain All Month!  LOL
    ~Alissa & Frank 10.9.10~
  • We were so lucky and got the warmest day of the week.  It got up to 60 degrees which is not common at the end of October in northern Ohio.  It was also the perfect mix of sun and clouds.  It was a bit windy, but my stylist shellaced my hair and it didn't move!

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • our weather could not have been more perfect!!!  it was sunny and 72 all day!!!  bright blue skies and puffy white coukds....honestly, it was wonderful :) i'm so grateful
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • It was sunny, hot, and in the 80s! It was a beautiful day but way to warm for me - I was hoping for it to be on the cooler end especially being in MN but hey it still turned out great!

And for HM weather - I expected rain at least one day and it was sunny, warm, and beautiful all 9 days we were there too! Go figure!

• Wow Lynnie!  Snow?  Not that it hasn't happened, it was kind of snowy the first few days when we got back from the honeymoon, but we didn't really have anything to speak of.  I also heard we got a Noreaster while we were away.

We were very lucky aside for a freaking miserable week of hot tropical pouring rain for the days preceding the wedding (yes the days when I had eight extra people in my house and only one bathroom) the blue skies opened up, it was breezy and beautiful! 

The breeze made taking pictures in my veil interesting if not challenging!

We were also super lucky on our honeymoon.  The weather in Ireland was unusually mild and sunny for the two weeks we were there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards