August 2013 Weddings
Options

He wants to move the wedding back another year!

Tonight my fiance asked me to put off our wedding for another year. I guess you could say I overreacted, but we got in a bit of a fight. I have my heart set on the date we agreed on, and I have to admit I'm really getting excited about planning a wedding... although it might be a bit early. I don't want to wait any longer than I already have to. Is it selfish of me to not want to change the date?

Re: He wants to move the wedding back another year!

• Options
    WHY did he want to?
  • Options
    There must be a reason he wants to push back the wedding. You should be looking at that first then decide if you are being selfish or not.
  • Options
    How long have you two been together? You said another year.. has he done this before or am I reading too far into "another"?

Find out his reasons - maybe he just wants to save more money for it or save money for something like a house. Men are practical like that, he probably doesn't realize that it's so emotional for us women!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    When he did finally tell me why he wanted to wait I felt like a selfish cow. You were right he just wanted to be able to save up more money so he could give me the wedding he said I deserved. I don't believe I have apologized enough to him. I really overreatced before he told me why and went off on him. This has been very emotional for the both of us, we have both been having trouble with our parents not being exactly happy for us. They were more excited when he knocked me up surprisingly.  My parents have agreed to help out with the wedding, but it made him feel like less of a man if he didn't help pay for it.

We have been together for two years and we have a one year old daughter together. When we get married we will have been together for four years. Haha what I meant by another is I at first wanted to get married this year, but he told me we needed more time to plan, and he was right so we moved it back to 2013, but we've been having money troubles lately. He is a tattoo artist and he makes money by how many clients he has and it has been a bit dry recently, but has been picking up. He has a $1000 tattoo coming up soon.

We have not made any finally decisions in changing the date, but I'm more open to it now that I found out why he wanted to push it back abother year.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards