Flowers

Centerpeice issues!!

Hi Girls,

For my wedding, I'm using Purple (somewhere in the middle of the color scale), Silver, and White color scheme. I don't mind incorporating other shades of purple in as needed, as long as it doesn't become to "much".

My florist recently did a mockup for me of my centerpieces, that I'm not really thrilled with. The idea was to use a silver vase, and then White roses accented underneath with white feathers. The problem is that the Roses came out very cream colored....almost yellow. It didn't look good with the stark white feathers at all!

So, does anyone have any new suggestions? I'm not opposed to scrapping the whole thing and starting over if need be, or just replacing the roses with something else. Someone suggested sterling roses to me, which are a light purple/silvery color supposedly.

If anyone has any suggestions/pictures of centerpieces that would incorporate my color scheme I'd be very grateful!

Re: Centerpeice issues!!

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions!

My florist is suggesting to me that no roses are going to be pure "white"....is that true? I asked which variety would be the "whitest" and he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Right now I'm leaning a bit towards using the sterling roses, but my fiance is concerned that with the purple linens it's going to be too much purple for him!
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Many "white" flowers end up looking ivory, yellowish, or even pale green when put next to pure white. 

Either change the color of feathers to ivory, ask the florist for a pure white rose, or use other flowers that come in a whiter shade (carnations?).

Or possibly use a combination of white and ivory flowers, and disperse the white feathers around the arrangement a little.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards