Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Can I ask a local salon to let my hairdresser do my hair there for the wedding??

I have been using my hair stylist for 11 years now and am quite close with her. She owns her own shop but only has one other stylist, and her shop is an hour away from my wedding. I have acquaintances in my town who also own a shop - but they have about 5 or 6 stylists. I have asked them to do my bridal party's hair - which including mom's will be about 10 people. I really want to be there with the girls when we all get our hair done - but I want my stylist to do my hair. Is it rude to ask the salon if my stylist can come and do my hair and use one of their chair's? Or should I just tell my stylist I want to get my hair done with the rest of the girls. They are still getting the business of the 10 other girls - but I feel that it is rude to ask.
Help!!!!????

Re: Can I ask a local salon to let my hairdresser do my hair there for the wedding??

• ditto on the why can't she do your hair at your house?

Glenna Harding Photography
  • yeah you might get the side eye w/ that question. have your hair done before and go w/ them or go w/ them and have it done after
  • my mom's a beautician, and she always does our hair for important days - in our house. you probably think you need a lot of space - but you don't. just a chair, a table near some outlets for the curling/straightening irons, and decent lighting. if you have an average-sized bathroom, it may benefit you to do it there for obvious reasons. you'll want a few hand-mirrors around so you can see what she's doing, but really you can have your own salon at home - and it'll be private.

good luck! :]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thank you for your responses! the only reason i didn't want to get my hair done at home was b/c i wanted to be with my bridesmaids - but i will just get my hair done at home first and then meet everyone at the salon to get my makeup done.
    thanks again!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards