Snarky Brides
Options

Worst Job

What is the worst job you've ever had?
*~* Mrs.J *~*

Re: Worst Job

• Options
    Manager at PetSmart, hands down. Our customers were arragant, self entitled biitches and I was so happy when I was able to quit.
  • Options
    Registrar in the E.R.
    *~* Mrs.J *~*
  • Options
    K ByteK Byte member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited October 2010
    I worked at McDonalds at the mall when I was in high school. It went from being "ok, this is just a regular fast food job" to JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL AND GET ME OUT OF HERE!!! in the span of about 7 months. It was actually so mismanaged that the franchise owner (who owned a bunch of other McD's in the area) actually closed it. Who ever heard of a McDonald's in a shopping mall closing?!
  • Options
    I would have to say the Tanning Bed, snobby brat teenage customers all day long. Plus if I had to clean One.More.Bed that was covered in baby lotion! It's disgusting and I would have to put a not in the customers account to tell them the next time they came in that they were on warning and if they did it again I would revoke their tanning.
  • Options
    Telemarketer.
    panther
  • Options
    Well, I mentioned this in the tread the other day, but a beer cart girl was pretty bad. Guys getting blow jobs from strippers on the back holes, people doing drugs, drunk golfers asking to see my boobs. Not fun times.

Retail, I worked at the Body Shop (now Body Central, I think). Customers were rude, pushy, self-righteous, and one even peed in the dressing room. Gross.
  • Options
    AATB sounds... IDK LOL i thought the E.R. was bad. patients yell at you because they are waiting for the doc/ nurses.
    *~* Mrs.J *~*
  • Options
    Picking up rocks in a field while the lazy ass farmer followed me with a tractor and bucket plow. You know, so I could put the rocks in it.
  • Options
    I did telemarketing for all of one week, definitely not for me.
  • Options
    Seshat & Mgietler I worked at a salon when I was 16 and we had a few customers pee in the bed and left it! 
    *~* Mrs.J *~*
  • Options
    Telemarketing is awful.  You get paid to call people and piss them off all day.  And the poor schmucks that are dumb enough to buy what you're selling?  They are getting ripped off.

I don't know how I slept while I had that job.  I don't know how I can sleep AFTER having that job.
    panther
  • Options
    Wow, I draw the line at cleaning up body fluids. We had this one girl who thought it was ok to bring her infant in a carrier in the room with her while she tanned, um no! And I had to break up a couple who was having sex on the bed. ahh memories
  • Options
    Cake decorator. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED the work itself. But the people I worked for really sucked the big one. They didn't pay anybody anything decent, so turnover was ridiculously high. And the hours blew. 6:30 AM to whenever we were done.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    I worked at christmas tree shops in highschool. I hated that.

Katie, what should I feed my dog? :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mgietler - 1) where upstate ny? 2) I'm one to get in and get out of tanning bed, others are waiting! but I have not gone in yrs. planning on it for wedding though
    *~* Mrs.J *~*
  • Options
    Ugh, I hate that TK makes Buffalo upstate when really it's WNY. I used to tan but I kinda like my pasty white skin now lol
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_worst-job?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:29e4e4ed-503d-4c3e-a362-69ed71def282Post:ec2623bb-a32e-480e-9970-ef73cea0e392">Re: Worst Job</a>:
    [QUOTE]I detasseled corn when I was 14.  Gotta love growing up in Indiana.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

My worst job was walking beans.  I feel your pain.
  • Options
    I was a bank teller...people would yell at me when their account was in the negative. Not my fault you don't know how to manage your money. Also, some people would get mad when I asked for their ID to cash a check, which I never got....I want the bank to ask for ID.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I paired socks in a sock mill for two days once. It was the most depressing two days of my life, and I was a pregnant teenager. That's saying a lot!
  • Options
    Carhop at Sonic. Cleaning the ice machine was nothing compared to seeing that chili when its still frozen, and dealing with nasty old men flashing you when you deliver their order. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_worst-job?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:29e4e4ed-503d-4c3e-a362-69ed71def282Post:63724992-ac8c-466c-92ec-a919836319b7">Re: Worst Job</a>:
    [QUOTE]Carhop at Sonic. Cleaning the ice machine was nothing compared to seeing that chili when its still frozen, and <strong>dealing with nasty old men flashing you when you deliver their order</strong>. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

<div>I never would have thought of that happening. So sorry to hear that!</div>
    *~* Mrs.J *~*
  • Options
    KK, we put Katie on Blue Buffalo lately and it's been amaaaazing. It's really good quality but not too horribly pricey. You can get a coupon from their website too :) It's what Demon is on as well.
  • Options
    Selling encyclopedias.  We had to cold call to set up our own appointments, and they were ridiculously expensive.  I stuck it out for a couple of months and made next to nothing in commission. 
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Hostess at a high end hotel restaurant. It would have been ok except we were right across the street from a high end shopping and dining area and it was summertime, so everyone walked down there for variety. If we had four tables a night, we considered it busy. Plus, I had to wear a polyester skirt and blazer, hose, and nice shoes, and let me tell you, I'm not a hose kind of girl! I'm not even wearing any for the wedding! Plus, I had to stand in basically one spot for almost seven straight hours. And they wouldn't let me read or do anything to keep my brain occupied! When I got a new job offer, I called in to the hotel and quit that day!
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Waitressing at TGI Fridays. I was horrible at it.  It took all I had to not tell the customer he is not always right. It was a huge relief when I walked out. I had a table with a $585 tab and they tipped me $15 to make a even $600... (before they grated at Friday's). I handed them back the change and said.."You need it more than me obviously" handed my apron to my boss and walked out.
    Photobucket We're Married!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards