Texas-San Antonio

need stylist for long hair.

So..I have REALLLLLLLLy long,thick,luxurious hair. I'm not gonna lie. It's beautiful. I get compliments all the time. However, I've been looking like garbage. My hair dresser who I've been seeing for years flaked out on me several times already. I need someone who does a wonderful job with layering because my hair pretty much takes care of itself. Just needs the right cut.

Anyway...here's a photo of me this time last year (excuse the deer in headlights expression). I want my hair like this again. If anybody knows anyone who does kick ass jobs on long hair PLEASSSSE let me know. Pictures of said kick ass jobs would help. Thanks!

Re: need stylist for long hair.

• h.c.harmerh.c.harmer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have really long hair as well, its currently about an inch below the bottom of my bra strap. I also am super picky about where I go to get my hair done but luckily I LOVE my hair stylist!! I go to Sonia at Veronykas off 1604 and Stone Oak. If you cant get into her the whole salon is full of great stylists! I have strawberry blonde hair and had a stylist once highlight it and it looked horrible but Sonia is awesome at highlights and I would not go elsewhere! Good Luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Roseanne Harris. You can see a pic in my bio of my trial under "beauty."  I also have really long thick hair and she did a GREAT job.  Her number is 210-497-7644.  She does makeup really well too.  Tell her Rachel sent you!
  • edited December 2011
    I am completely jealous of your hair. I would give anything to have lucious curls like that, haha. So obviously I don't have any recs for you (my hair is super straight and thin), but good luck finding someone.
  • MBLoveMBLove member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-san-antonio_need-stylist-long-hair?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:103Discussion:6b808987-db34-46c2-a677-d8e95ebed352Post:92ee652c-e49d-4341-9a3b-d18adf0cd9cb">Re: need stylist for long hair.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am completely jealous of your hair. I would give anything to have lucious curls like that, haha. So obviously I don't have any recs for you (my hair is super straight and thin), but good luck finding someone.
    Posted by linzlars[/QUOTE]

linzlars, you have gorgeous hair too, silly!!

Sarah, I'm pretty sure I remember you said you live downtown, so I highly recommend the Versi salon (I think on Houston St.). In particular, I highly recommend Damian. All the gals with great hair at my work go to him and there is a tremendous range of textures and lengths in that group.
    Photobucket image
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards