Honeymoon Discussions

August All-inclusive Honeymoon ideas

I know that August is hurricane season for a lot of places, but I didnt know if any one knew of anywhere to go that would be on the safer side? I know there is never any gaurentee. We are looking for an all-inclusive place somewhere with a beach and tropical. Thanks!

Re: August All-inclusive Honeymoon ideas

• We will probably be spending around $3,000 if that helps. Thanks
  • With that budget I am not sure how much you could afford. Most places that are outside of the primary hurricane areas are more expensive as well as not All Inclusive.

We went to Mexico in September a couple years ago and didn't have a problem. We just got trip insurance.

My advice: book the trip that you want. Don't let hurricane season dictate where you can and can not go. Then just get trip insurance.

I would recommend going to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. It is a ferry ride from Cozumel and about an hour south of Cancun. And it is awesome. Easily within your budget.

Good luck!

• Agree w/ Dazy!! We just went to a resort called Tres Rios, near Playa del Carmen, and it was $1100 per person, all inclusive. very chill, romatic. plane tickets were surprisingly expensive, but maybe you have miles?

Good luck!!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_august-all-inclusive-honeymoon-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:d6cd6665-1d0b-49b5-bfa2-07a5f746805dPost:d4ef934b-f48d-4436-91e3-e0f9a339d3aa">Re: August All-inclusive Honeymoon ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]With that budget I am not sure how much you could afford. Most places that are outside of the primary hurricane areas are more expensive as well as not All Inclusive. We went to Mexico in September a couple years ago and didn't have a problem. We just got trip insurance. <strong>My advice: book the trip that you want. Don't let hurricane season dictate where you can and can not go. Then just get trip insurance.</strong> I would recommend going to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. It is a ferry ride from Cozumel and about an hour south of Cancun. And it is awesome. Easily within your budget. Good luck!
    Posted by dazyabbey[/QUOTE]

The bolded.  Especially the part about trip insurance.

• DH & I went on one of the Boston-Bermuda Norwegian cruises in late August/early September.

We had a great time for about $1,000 apiece.

We didn't have any major weather issues, but at least cruise ships can head to alternate locations in the case of inclement weather.

Just don't take Carnival Cruise Lines...haha (too soon?)

• Agreed; Mexico would be wonderful for your budget; don't worry about weather, like you said, there are never gurantees. Just be sure your trp insurance covers inclement weather!
  • Thanks so much everyone! I will definately make sure that we have trip insurance :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_august-all-inclusive-honeymoon-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:d6cd6665-1d0b-49b5-bfa2-07a5f746805dPost:223cc8b6-dd6a-4ba6-8769-e6d6327dbddc">Re: August All-inclusive Honeymoon ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks so much everyone! I will definately make sure that we have trip insurance :)
    Posted by jenaenae17[/QUOTE]

What do you want to do for your honeymoon? Is there something specific you are looking for.

• We are both adventurous, so maybe somewhere that has something different/fun to do. We don't mind kids so we aren't looking specifically for an adult only resort. Somewhere with a little bit of luxury would be nice too, if we can afford it lol. I am going to have to see exactly how much we have to spend. We have been to Riviera Maya before and loved it. We stayed at a Barcelo resort, but for our honeymoon we would like to stay somewhere a little nicer.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_august-all-inclusive-honeymoon-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:d6cd6665-1d0b-49b5-bfa2-07a5f746805dPost:fe1f9519-0a26-4624-8982-79f23120cc40">Re: August All-inclusive Honeymoon ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are both adventurous, so maybe somewhere that has something different/fun to do. We don't mind kids so we aren't looking specifically for an adult only resort. Somewhere with a little bit of luxury would be nice too, if we can afford it lol. I am going to have to see exactly how much we have to spend. We have been to Riviera Maya before and loved it. We stayed at a Barcelo resort, but for our honeymoon we would like to stay somewhere a little nicer.
    Posted by jenaenae17[/QUOTE]

We just booked our Honeymoon to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico for September. My parents have been and loved it! There are a lot of all inclusives and it would fit your budget. Also, there are different excursions like zip lining and hiking if you want to something other than relaxing on the beach! It is "rainy" season but most things I have read say that it is only for short spurts of time.
  • Take it from someone that lives in the hurricane zone, it will probably rain every day but it should only last for about 10 minutes and then the sun will be back out. I would definitely get trip insurance on the rare chance that there is a hurricane. Just keep an eye on the weather for about a week before you leave in case there is a storm.

The lovely, incredibly accurate weather people have been forecasting "active seasons" for the past few years and we haven't had as much as a tropical storm so don't go by that. We are planning a Caribbean honeymoon for the beginning of September which is considered the worst part of the season and am honestly not worried about it.
    ***September 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i live in the hurricane zone as well (all the way up here on long island) and i agree. dont NOT go where you want to just because it's that season. the advice you got above was good. get trip insurance (you need to make sure that weather related cancellation/interruption is covered obviously as not all policies do) and go!!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_august-all-inclusive-honeymoon-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:d6cd6665-1d0b-49b5-bfa2-07a5f746805dPost:6c1ccb71-0d37-476c-8b5b-f98a48e12aa2">Re: August All-inclusive Honeymoon ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Take it from someone that lives in the hurricane zone, it will probably rain every day but it should only last for about 10 minutes and then the sun will be back out. I would definitely get trip insurance on the rare chance that there is a hurricane. Just keep an eye on the weather for about a week before you leave in case there is a storm. <strong>The lovely, incredibly accurate weather people have been forecasting "active seasons" for the past few years and we haven't had as much as a tropical storm so don't go by that.</strong> We are planning a Caribbean honeymoon for the beginning of September which is considered the worst part of the season and am honestly not worried about it.
    Posted by BAS19[/QUOTE]

Yes, maybe in Central FL, but I think the people in NJ/NY (my family included) would beg to differ. They obviously think a lot less about a hurricane impacting them, but yet it does happen. So, what I think you were trying to say was that you really can't predict anything and I completely agree with that, purchasing trip insurance, and planning the HM you want!

• jenaenae17jenaenae17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Does anyone have any good resort opinions? I was looking at Now, Dreams, Secrets, Iberostar, Sandals, Beaches, and Riu. I am open to any and all opinions.
  • I'm also having an August honeymoon bu,t I am not planning around a hurricane. You have too much going on right now to bother with the possibilities of weather. Get the insurance as mentioned above, and go wherever you'd like. I agree with everyone else- Playa Del Carmen is a wonderful place, but if you've been there before; try something new. I am very adventerous and after loooking at different caribbean locations, and their excursions, I chose Jamaica. I am going for 10 days and spending part of my time at Couples Swept Away in NEgril and then courtesy of the resort we are being shuttled to a sister resort in Ocho Rios called Couples Tower Isle. There is soo much to do in Jamaica and I cannot wait. I am mostly excited for Dunns River Falls (heard its a must do) The nice thing about the Couples resorts is that they can fit your budget or if you want to splurge they have accomodations fo that, too. Most of the excursions are included in the all-inclusive price (Catamaran cruises, snorkeling, trips to town, non motorized ocean sports) Happy Planning :)
  • I recommend the Sun Palace in Cancun.  There are tons of day trips/excursions you can set up through your hotel.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards