California-Bay Area

Average Cost of Live Band? Or any band suggestions?

Hello everyone!  I have been having trouble finding a live band that suits both my parents' preferences AND my fiance and me (aka a good mix of old and new).  We finally came across one that sounds perfect and are available and they're quoting me $11,000 (!!!!!) for an 8-piece band for 5 hours.  This sounds insane and ridiculous.  Is this normal?  Does anyone have any bands they suggest?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Average Cost of Live Band? Or any band suggestions?

• So I found this amazing Band called the peelers. They are very simlar to wonderbread 5 which is 11K.... and they only change $3500.  You should go see them live to make sure you like them... but I was super pleased with their live show. I booked them for my wedding, but I have yet to see them play a wedding. (But I saw two live shows... and they rocked at both shows!) 
  • edited June 2012
    I play in a cover band and we usually start at about $2000 for weddings.  That includes a 5 piece band with us setting up all the sound. Now I am just the singer, I don't book the band or manage it, so I'll be honest, 5 hours is kind of a long time for a band to play.  It's just a lot of high energy performing and it can be exhausting.  You may want to think about having 3 or 4 hours of live music and have an ipod running the first & last hour.  I have a feeling that would help keep cost down.  I also think you can negotiate with most bands, considering there is a lot of competition these days with ipods & DJs.  Just an idea. 

I don't think I'm supposed to post anything about a business I'm in on this board so I took down my link.  If you want anymore info on other bands though, feel free to contact me.  I work with quite a few different musicians.  I don't book any of them but could give you some websites or email addresses.

Good luck!!

• In Response to Average Cost of Live Band? Or any band suggestions?:
    Hi there, I am now looking for a wedding band as well for the Bay Area (Saratoga, CA). May I ask who you ended up going with? Or some suggestions?

Thanks!

Gina
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards