June 2012 Weddings

OMG custom wedding stamps are.....

Expensive!!! Where have I been? I don't know what I was thinking when it came to stamps, I didn't even consider that they might be expensive when I'm buying 5 books of 20. Has anybody purchased custom wedding stamps for their invites and if so do you have the hook up?? 

Re: OMG custom wedding stamps are.....

• They are almost triple the price of a regular stamp-totally not worth it. I bet less than 5% notice the stamp anyways. 

I don't think there is any way to get a discount. We ended up just choosing which ever stamps we liked the most (regardless of how much they were worth) and using those, so our RSVP post cards we used a 45 cent forever stamp and our invites had a 55 cent one (they only needed 45 cents). 
  • I think anything wtih custom and wedding in the same title are bound to be expensive!!!!  Good luck!

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Well I have found some wedding stamps at the post office for half the price but my goodness I didn't realize custom stamps would cost $90! I keep telling myself when this wedding is over with, I'm going into the wedding business! 
  • edited March 2012
    i just bought the wedding forever stamps from the post office. i actually saw that the price was going to go up so i bought my stamps in january before the price change and since they are "forever" stamps i can still use but paid less for them. i didn't buy personalized wedding stamps bc i knew none of my guests would notice them and i would just be wasting money.
  • I have to agree that they are sooo overpriced and definitely not worth it to me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_omg-custom-wedding-stamps-are?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7aa1c736-9dc5-4d6b-bd72-f4b0eb13504dPost:a2c24a96-23a4-4e39-a8ba-5dc119e4b7e3">Re: OMG custom wedding stamps are.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]i just bought the wedding forever stamps from the post office. i actually saw that the price was going to go up so i bought my stamps in january before the price change and since they are "forever" stamps i can still use but paid less for them. i didn't buy personalized wedding stamps bc i knew none of my guests would notice them and i would just be wasting money.
    Posted by futuremrsbecerra[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm going to buy those but I just decide to look around to be nosey and I bout fell out my chair. Although some are really cute the price is very ugly! I have some for my bridal shower and bachelorette party because I got some coupons but I wanted to wait til I got my invites weighed before I purchased them because I would hate to have to add another stamp because I guessed at the weight. I won't be buying them.</div>
  • I think it is one of those details that can definitely be skipped. You are going to more than double your postage costs.
  • We just bought the wedding stamps from the post office.
    Anniversary Cruise Ship - Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Oh I'm going with post office stamps but I just thought stamps were stamps! I don't know why I didn't think custom stamps would be more, I'm not even designing them, I was going to buy someone else's design. I'm just a little slow here ladies!! 
  • edited April 2012
    We went to buy stamps at the post office today. We got the Love stamps for the invites and the wedding roses for the RSVPs. As we were leaving I mentioned custom stamps to FI and he was stunned. He had never heard of them and couldn't grasp why someone would want them. lol He also feels the same way about the sheet of tissue paper in invitations.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 66 image Invited
    45 image Are ready to party
  • Check out the cherry blossom stamps.  They're beautiful!  I used them on my invites and posted pictures on the Facebook group.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards