Maryland

Old Hollywood theme venue

Hi everyone, we are planning an Old Hllywood theme wedding and we are struggling to find ceremony and reception places in md or dc. We looked at the theater as a possible ceremony venue but can't find any 1920s theaters in the area. As far as reception goes, I'm stuck. There is nothing that would be even slightly close to the theme. Please, help!!!

Re: Old Hollywood theme venue

• LoveKissLoveKiss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    See, the thing is that the areas that really flourished in the 20s in Baltimore and really capture that essence are now suuuuuper sketchy (think North Avenue). I haven't been there since I was a kid, but the Creative Alliance took over the Patterson Theater in Highlandtown about a decade ago. Maybe they rent out that space for private events? What about the Hippodrome, the Charles, or the Senator? I think they all capture the spirit of that time. And some downtown Baltimore hotels may work, too. I think the Raddison is from that era.

If you don't mind a bit of a drive, there's also the Avalon Theater in Easton. We're getting married in Easton and it is such a lovely town. there is an oldtime pharmacy with an oldtime soda counter, for crying out loud. It doesn't get any more cozy than that!
  • browner3browner3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what your budget is, but we looked at the 1840s Ballroom, which has 3 or 4 floors with different themes.  I think this would really work for what you're looking for.
    June 2012 Siggy Challenge: Invitations
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Planning Updated 02.08.12
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 134 Invited!
    image 94 Are making the trek South
    image 39 Won't be able to make it
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies for the ideas. I will definately look into it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards